Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Problem with maximum screen resolution

kpripper
Novice

Hello, my processor is Intel® Pentium® CPU G2030 @ 3.00GHz with Intel® HD Graphics - it deliver enhanced media conversion, fast frame rates, and 4K Ultra HD (UHD) video.

My monitor is Philips 276E8VJSB 4K Ultra HD (‎3840x2160 pixels)

But the maximum screen resolution is 1920x1080 pixels.

How I can fix it?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Maximum Display Resolution

Higher pixel resolutions allow the PC to show more image detail.

DisplayPort* 2560 x 1600, HDMI*, VGA

Source: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/3rd-gen-hd-graphics-quick-reference-guide.html

Who claims 4K support?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I am sorry, but @Stefan3D is correct - and that page you referenced doesn't say anything about it supporting UHD.

...S

0 Kudos
kpripper
Novice
Anything? Really? Perfect product description. Thank you, I'm going to AMD.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Seriously? You have a 3rd gen processor (the current is 11th gen) that was released in 2013. This processor is so old that it *never* had the ability to connect to 4K monitors. Your expectations are simply ridiculous.

...S

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @kpripper

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We would like to step in and confirm that the information provided by @Stefan3D and @n_scott_pearson is correct regarding that the Intel® Pentium® Processor G2030 does not support 4K/UHD resolution. This processor comes with Intel® HD Graphics for 3rd Generation Intel® Processors.

The information you saw on the Product Specifications page is just a general description of Intel® Graphics Technology (you may see that different Graphics Controllers are mentioned there as a general description. We will share feedback about this with the proper team so they may consider it to improve general information).

The Intel® Pentium® Processor G2030 (Code Name Ivy Bridge) is a 3rd Generation Processor. For 2nd and 3rd Generation Intel® Processors the maximum supported resolutions are:

• DisplayPort 1.1 = 2560x1600 at 60 Hz
  • HDMI 1.4 = 1920x1200 at 60 Hz
  • DVI (Single-link) = 1920x1200 at 60 Hz
  • VGA = 2048x1536 at 75 Hz

For more details, please review this link: Determine Maximum Supported Resolution on Intel® Graphics Technology.

Note: Based on your chipset, monitor capabilities, and computer manufacturer (OEM) configurations, your maximum supported resolution can vary.

Also, we would like to inform you that due to the Intel® HD Graphics for 3rd Generation Intel® Processors has been discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help in case you have additional inquiries. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos