Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

Problem with original Driver and my Intel Graphics

VGome8
Beginner

Hi guys

I've been problems with my Intel Graphics 5300 in my laptop. Always when I install the oficial drive installed from Windows Update and the Intel website the display starts bliking.

I already to install new updates, edit the energy settings, change the resolution and frequency but the problem continue.

The only solution that I found was to use the generic drivers from Windows 10, but with it I lose the animations, battery, brightness and more.

I'd like to use the Intel Graphics driver in my laptop with Windows 10.

How can I do it without the display starts blinking? I think it isn't a hardware problem because the display works well with the Microsoft driver.

Please, help me!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Use ONLY the driver from your laptop manufacturer.

Doc

0 Kudos
VGome8
Beginner

I tried to do it. The HP drivers for my device doesn't install because it speaks my notebook isn't compatible, but I think it's the same driver that the Windows install automatically with its Windows Update.

When the Windows Update install the driver, it works but happen the problem that I said - the display starts blinking... all the versions (before the update and after it too)

0 Kudos
VGome8
Beginner

UPDATE: I can install the HP drivers for Intel Graphics using the compatible mode of the Windows 8.

It was installed correctly, but it doesn't work very well. The same problem happen 😭 😭 😭 😭

I don't know more what can I do... The display always blinks when I install the drivers!

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello VGome8 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. The information provided by Al.Hill accurate we recommend using the driver provide by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), in case you want to test the generic driver for the Intel® HD graphics 5300 you can refer to the following link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28662/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=84188. What is the brand and model of your system? Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
VGome8
Beginner

First: thanks for you answer...

So I tried to do it (again, lol) but the program isn't installed.

photo_2019-04-10_18-23-30.jpg

The pop-up says: The driver being installed isn't validated to this computer. Get the driver appropriate with the manufacturer of the computer. Installation is closed.

Every time when I open the installer this error appears. This error appears when I try to install the drivers from the HP too, but the Windows Update install this version without any problem.

My notebook is a HP x360, n127br. It uses an Intel Core M, 4GB of RAM, a SSD of 500GB and an Intel HD Graphics 5300 running the Windows 10 Home of 64Bits.

0 Kudos
VGome8
Beginner

Hahaha. I'm sorry... in the places that I wrote notebook actually is laptop... A translate error of mine

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello VGome8 Thank you for the information. Please provide me with the following information to help you with steps to install the drivers. • What is the brand and model of the laptop? • Do you have an error code on the device manger? • Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility • Steps to save the report: 1- Run the utility. 2- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system. 3- Once the scan is complete click on “next”. 4- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 5- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
VGome8
Beginner

My laptop is a n127br and its band is HP. I don't have any error code, just that message that I sent above saying that my laptop isn't compatible.

Follow attached the archive that you aked

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello VGome8 Thank you for the system details, after reviewing the system report i ma noticing that you have installed the Intel driver version 5063 on the system which is the latest driver for your Intel® graphics controller 5300, if this driver does not help on the behavior that you are having we recommend testing the OEM drivers, since you already mentioned that you are having an error during the installation of the driver you can try contacting the OEM for details about how to complete the clean driver installation. HP support: https://support.hp.com/us-en Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos