Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Problem with the Intel HD Graphics 4000

idata
Employee

Hi, i have a problem with the Intel HD Graphics 4000,

Im running a MacBook Pro 13" 2012, using windows 7 bootcamp (last version of course) when i test my MacBook Pro performance (as a pc using windows) with canyourunit or service like this, i see that i have only 64mb of vram, but when i run dxdiag or cpu-z it told that i have 1809 of vram !

I also have the latest driver for the graphic card.64mb ,

All latest game work perfectly, i just want a fix for the 64mb problem,

P.S : On Mac os x 10.8 i have 512mb of vram.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

hey dude d,not worrie about that.

first intel hd graphic 4000 it no't a graphic card. it a GPU //////the intel use your memory ram to build graphic when u saw the system only use 64mb that mean the system like window 7 need 64mb to run very well. those 64 mb are your memory ram and when u play a video game it actually use more ram to buld graphic. when u playing open you (INTEL GRAPHIC MEDIA CONTROL PANEL) and u going to look that u system it use more ram sometimes like 512mb or more. depend how HD graphic use the game. sow d,not worrie about that every thing with u intel HD graphic 4000 it fine....

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi OmarAl,

You will need to contact your OEM for assistance with this issue.

Thank you,

-Nic

idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

That's Apple

but Apple doesn't support windows.

Well if you ask me the website you mentioned doesn't recognize the shared RAM correctly so they told you that you have 64 Mb only while in fact the HD 4000 can make use of the full 512MB.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

hey dude d,not worrie about that.

first intel hd graphic 4000 it no't a graphic card. it a GPU //////the intel use your memory ram to build graphic when u saw the system only use 64mb that mean the system like window 7 need 64mb to run very well. those 64 mb are your memory ram and when u play a video game it actually use more ram to buld graphic. when u playing open you (INTEL GRAPHIC MEDIA CONTROL PANEL) and u going to look that u system it use more ram sometimes like 512mb or more. depend how HD graphic use the game. sow d,not worrie about that every thing with u intel HD graphic 4000 it fine....

0 Kudos