Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Problems with screen size.

idata
Employee

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit. My monitor is a Dell Intel (R) G3223/31 Express chipset family. The problem I am having is a distorted (not to scale) screen. If a perfectly round ball is shown on the screen, it will appear to be egg shaped. It is compressed from top to bottom somewhat. I have determined that it cannot be corrected by the controls at the bottom of my monitor. Also, nothing can be done using "display" settings. (control panel - adjust screen resolution - display settings). Even my pictures in Windows Photo Gallery are compressed and distorted as if they were mashed from top to bottom. If someone can give me some help here, it will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Maybe I should add that the Driver Version I have is 7.14.10.1322. Possibly it needs to be updated, I just do not know.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Suggest you check the resolution in your display settings. The aspect ratio of the pixels should match the shape of the monitor, and there wil be an optimum setting for the monitor.