Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21026 Discussions

RDR2 fullscreen crash

BarrentMeister
Beginner

Hey,I'am an Arc A750 user, i'm having some good times in games. However, I found out in Red Dead Redemption 2, if i try to set my game mode on fullscreen, the setting would crash or something, idk what's that just like the pic.I'm using 4255 drivers and with I5-12600KF. Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello BarrentMeister,

To better undesrtand your issue, please provide us with the following:

• Is the issue present since day one?
  • Does the issue persist on different driver versions?
  • What are the games distribution service? ( Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft connect).
  • Is this the first graphics adapter installed on your system?
  • Do you receive any error messages when the game crashes? If so, share with us a screenshot of the error message.
  • Share a video showing the issues you are experiencing and a screenshot of the graphics settings.
  • Create a system report using the following applications:

• Intel®️ System Support Utility (Intel®️ SSU) 
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel®️ SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."
  • Intel® Graphics Command Center:
    • Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
    • Navigate to the Support tab
    • Select System Diagnostic
    • Click Generate Report
    • Select Save and name the output file.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BarrentMeister
Beginner

Hi Jean, i was using a nvidia 1060 3GB, but i used the DDU(Display Driver Uninstall) to remove the old driver of Nvidia's, and i made it in Safe Mode, and i played RDR2 in steam. Besides, i didnt see any entrance to upload my save "Detailed view", can i get an email address to send u a copy of it? Thanks a lot again.

0 Kudos
ItzAlif
Novice

Hi Jean. I'm an intel arc a750 user as well. I've recently started playing red dead redemption 2. I'm having a few issues regarding the performance-

1. After I make any changes to my setting, the game gets down to 1 fps and it doesn't go up unless I close and reopen it again. On dx 12, it stays at 50 fps and on Vulcan, it stays at 60 fps. it doesn't go up than that. 

2. After playing for around 10 minutes, it freezes randomly and then crashes. I don't find any notification regarding the crash after it crashes. 

I would be pleased if you're able to fix my problem as soon as possible. Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello BarrentMeister,

Thanks for your response.

We will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile, so you can share with us the system reports.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello BarrentMeister,

We appreciate the information provided.

We would like to recommend you a clean driver installation, installing the latest BETA driver, 31.0.101.4257. Sometimes corrupted files from the previous version may cause malfunctions and can linger on a system which can cause driver updates to not work as expected. It is important to mention that BETA releases are for targeted testing.

Best regards,

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello BarrentMeister,

Based on our private conversation, we have been able to reproduce this issue internally, and we are working on a solution. The driver developer team is working under bug ID 18020723290. Unfortunately, we cannot commit to an Estimated Time or share more details. Stay tuned for future driver updates.

Since you agreed with us to close the thread to prevent duplication of efforts, we will close it now; if you need additional information, please submit a new question since this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos