Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20951 Discussions

Random glitch in h264 video export on adobe premiere/media encoder

DaviR
Beginner

Hi Guys,

I'm a video editor and recently upgraded my system with an Intel Arc A750. I'm really happy with how it performs during rendering in After Effects and Premiere, but I'm experiencing a strange glitch during H.264 export, as shown in the image.

LATI_hr4_v2.00_00_21_06.Still001.jpg

During editing in Premiere, no errors show up, but after export (in Premiere or Media Encoder), some random glitches (just one frame long) appear in the video. If I export the video again, the glitch will always appear in the same spot, but if I change something in the composition, it may move or disappear.

I've tried changing the export parameters, but nothing changes. If I export in MOV/ProRes, no glitches appear, but if I try to convert the ProRes to H.264, the glitch comes back. I've tried using an older version of Premiere/Media Encoder (2023), but the problem persists. I've also downgraded my Arc driver, but I still had the same problem. I exported the video without hardware acceleration (only software), and everything was fine. I also swapped my Arc with an old NVIDIA 980 GPU, and the video rendered correctly.

I strongly believe the problem is with the Arc GPU, maybe an issue with the driver or Adobe? I've spent a lot of time trying different configurations, but I still have the problem...I don't know what else to try now! I googled the issue, and the only similar problem I found was this post without any clear answer: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/premiere-pro-rendering-with-intel-arc-gpu-strange-glitch/idi-p/14277932.

Any help is really appreciated!

My configuration:

cpu intel 12600k

motherboard asus ROG STRIX B760-F

ram corsair ddr5 2x16gb 6000mhz

gpu intel arc 750

adobe premiere/after/mediaencoder 2024.5

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello DaviR, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. Upon reading your thread, I want to let you know that Adobe introduced a fix for this issue in the beta release 24.3.0 Build 21. We highly recommend installing this or a later version.

If you are still experience problems after installing the version, it is best to reach out to Adobe Customer Support.

You may also check this article for more details: Adobe Premiere* Graphic Corruption on Intel® Arc™ Graphics

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DaviR
Beginner

Hi Raymer,

i'm already using the 24.5 versione of adobe premiere, the beta version is 24.6, should i try this one?

0 Kudos
DaviR
Beginner

also as a I read on the link you provided:

Description

Adobe Premiere* shows graphical corruption while using a preset on the adjustment layer.

My problem is different, the glitch appears also if there are no adjustment layer, or even if i try to convert a .mov-prores in .mp4-h.264.

i've tried the 24.6.0.37 beta versione but the issue persist (i've attached an image). Also during the media encoder encoding i'm experiencing issue with the video playback of videos on firefox (as shown in the photo).

LATI_hr3_v2_16.mp4.00_01_32_22.Still001.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-06-27 at 12.42.31.jpeg

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello DaviR, 

Thank you for responding back to us. I will be taking note of this information and proceed in coordinating this with our team. I promise to get back to you as soon as possible. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
DaviR
Beginner
0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello DaviR, 

Thank you for patiently waiting. Upon coordinating with our team, we kindly ask for you to try the following steps: 

1. Update the BIOS to the most recent version available. For detailed download and installation instructions, please reach out to your motherboard system manufacturer.
  2. Perform a clean installation of the graphics driver using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) before installing the latest graphics driver (version 31.0.101.5593).
  3. In the event that the issue remains unresolved, we kindly ask you to generate the SSU logs. This will allow us to meticulously review your system's driver version and configuration.

I will be waiting for your reply.

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
DaviR
Beginner

The issue is unresolved. i've attached the ssu log file.

davide

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Davir,

We appreciate your prompt reply.

It is unfortunate to know that our last suggestion did not resolve the issue.

Please try to install the latest graphics driver, 31.0.101.5594 (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/785597/intel-arc-iris-xe-graphics-windows.html)

We will wait for your update.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
DaviR
Beginner

Hi Alfred,

even with the new driver the issue persist.

It's more than two weeks and still not a real solution to my problem...

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Davir,

Thank you for swiftly trying our suggestions.

We may need to further check on this and we need your cooperation to provide the settings that you have on the export windows for your Adobe premiere. Please provide a screenshot of the different settings that you have on that part of the Adobe application.

We will wait for your reply post.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

0 Kudos
DaviR
Beginner

Hi Alfredm

it's the standard "high quality 1080p HD" but i've tried also other preset and different setting but the issue are the same.

thanks!

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hi Davir,

I am sorry to hear about this results. For now, I will proceed in coordinating this back with our team and get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and cooperation. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos