Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Razer Blade 2016 black screen after intel driver update

DSepu1
Beginner

I have a razer blade 14 2016 with nvidia 1060gtx and Intel HD 530 Integrated.

I saw there where new intel driver updates so I proceded to the intel webpage to download and install the updates, while the update was installing there was an error which a blue screen came on and then it rebooted into something that says applying updates, then it rebooted again and the screen was black, only the keyboard and fans turned on.

I have contacted razor support and told me few procedures to try to fix it like holding function keys, and going into BIOS to reset it, disconect the battery and all that stuff, windows repair usb, nothing worked, they told me to send the laptop to them for a check that is about 300 USD and most probably they will have to change the motherboard that is 1000+ USD, so I was so angry and can't believe a driver update killed my razer laptop, I can not even boot into my BIOS.

I don't know what to do, I am so sad and angry, I just had this laptop for a month, I bought it from eBay for 900 USD so I don't want to pay 1000 USD more to fix it.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You should not be using the generic Intel drivers for your laptop. Use only the intel and nvidia drivers from your manufacturer.

Doc

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello DSepu1, I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you. Were you able to try with the drivers provided by the manufacturer as mentioned? If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello DSepu1, I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you. If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos