Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20950 Discussions

Redish/Yellow screen with Intel Iris XE

OrionSl
Beginner

DisabledDisabledEnabledEnabledI bought a new HP Envy 17.3 Notebook last October and my screen has always had unatural Reddish/Yellow tint to everything ever since I first powered it on. I tried adjusting the colors in the control panel but nothing ever seemed to get my white to look actually white along with the rest of the colors. Ive tried updating the driver and all that stuff and it never looked good. Also everything always appeared dim with the brightness all the way up. Recently it started getting worse and the other night I turned on Night Mode and it permanently stayed in Night Mode until I did a system restore. 

It wasnt until today I found in other forums that "Disabling" the Intel Iris XE driver in devices settings my computer screen seemed to appear how it properly should look. Bright and vibrant with actual white and more sharper.

Is there a reason why my screen is so much better with Intel Graphics driver diasbled?

You can see the difference  in the pictures

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @OrionSl

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am sorry to hear what is happening with your Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics, I will gladly assist you here. 

What is the specific model of your laptop? 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @OrionSl.   

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
OrionSl
Beginner

Sorry,  I had the laptop shipped back to HP and they had to replace several parts under warranty.  Propblem is now fixed.

thanks

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @OrionSl

I understand, thank you for letting me know. I am glad to hear that it works fine now. 

We will proceed to close this thread now but If you need any additional assistance, please feel free to contact us back anytime and submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Have a nice day. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos