Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Refresh rate in Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620's system

rupeshmalla
Beginner

I have Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 graphic on my laptop and also a secondary monitor that supports144Hz Refresh rate. So my question here is why my secondary display is showing only 120 Hz in its display properties? how to check and test my secondary monitor's refresh rate? Does a display cable like HDMI or any other monitor cable makes any difference? please kindly clarify this, please......

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User

First of all, in a 620 iGFX engine, the HDMI support is limited to HDMI 1.4, which will limit what you can possibly attain. If you are plugging the monitor into a secondary DisplayPort port (which supports DisplayPort 1.2), when you can definitely do better.

Now, what you can actually attain can most-definitely be limited by the quality of the cable(s) that you use. The old adage 'you get what you pay for' definitely applies here. I would try using a better quality cable. I try to stick with at least HDMI 2.0- and DisplayPort 1.4 (HBR3)- compliant cables to be sure.

Hope this helps,

....S

0 Kudos