Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Resizable Bar with ARC 750A??

DanzArc750
Novice

The Intel Driver and Support Assistant tells me Resizable Bar is not supported by my firmware, but my MB (Gigabyte B650M Auros Elite AX does in fact support Resizable Bar (and yes, I have it enabled in BIOS).

Anyone know what's up with this?

Thanks in advance to any big brain tipsters!!!

iamdanz750a

0 Kudos
16 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Do not use IDSA, and update your ARC manually.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
DanzArc750
Novice

Thx for the reply ... GPU-Z shows enabled, so ARC drivers do indeed need "maturing", as they seem to say ...😅😉

0 Kudos
powerarmour
Valued Contributor II

Check with a 3rd party tool like GPU-Z also, that should be able to confirm if it's on/off. 😊

0 Kudos
DanzArc750
Novice

Gave it a go and GPU-Z confirmed enabled ... so thx for that!

Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hello @DanzArc750

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. In order to review this further, could you please provide us with the following details:

• Please run a graphics report following this article, especially Intel Graphics Command Center (Intel GCC) 
  • To get more information from your system please install, run and attach the logs for the following tool: Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. (Please select de 'Everything' checkbox when you run the tool so we have all the information we need) 

Best regards,

Carlos L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
DanzArc750
Novice

Hi Carlos ... thx for the assistance. I ran the sse.exe tried to Submit but was directed to an error page. Report attached here. And... on a whim I tried the latest Beta driver - caused many problems...app blackouts & crashes...complete OS crash (Windows 11 Insider Program Build 25227). Was an effort to revert to previous driver version. LMK is you find anything interesting... Daniel

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hello @DanzArc750

Thank you for sharing the report. and for trying the BETA driver as well, just to make sure the one you tried was 31.0.101.3802, correct? Also, is there a chance you can share the other report with us as well:

• Please run a graphics report following this article, especially Intel Graphics Command Center (Intel GCC) 

Best regards,

Carlos L.

0 Kudos
DanzArc750
Novice

Hi again Carlos ... BETA driver I was using isn't what you noted. I tried version gfx_win_101.3793.

I didn't see the version you mentioned.

I've also attached the report you asked for. And thx for leading me to the Graphics Command Center! I didn't know about it (I had actually previously posted asking about a display adjustment, but I guess I didn't accurately describe my question as the tech said he'd forward my request to the engineers). I think it might be helpful to other Intel graphics noobs like me to include GCC in the driver suite. 

Many thanks again for your help!

Daniel

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hello @DanzArc750

Thank you for the report. I also appreciate the clarification, the 3802 would be the newer version of it. Now, there was a driver released on 11/18/22 which happens to be the same version as the BETA driver, however, this is an official release: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/726609/intel-arc-graphics-windows-dch-driver.html Can you please try it and let us know if anything changes?

Best regards,

Carlos L.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hello @DanzArc750

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos
DanzArc750
Novice

Hi Carlos ... yes I did. Am currently running 3802 (driver date 11/14/22). Intel Driver and Support Assistant continues to  say ReBar not supported by MB firmware, but both HWinfo64 and GPU-Z report Resizable Bar is Enabled. A little confusing.

Thanks for your continued help,

Daniel C.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hello @DanzArc750

I appreciate your update. Just to make sure, you said you were running Windows 11 Insider Program Build 25227 if you still are, is there any chance you could try this with a regular Windows version?

Best regards,

Carlos L.

0 Kudos
DanzArc750
Novice

Hi Carlos ... I don't think so unfortunately. I didn't realize it at the time I moved to this particular OS version I'd have to do a complete new W11 install rather than reverting back to a previous version ... which is always a pain (usually drags on for days) getting all my apps loaded, settings, etc. and I'm not inclined to go there at the moment. An unintended dilemma I've put myself in. I may ultimately have to do that in the future though.

Thx again for your continued support ... Daniel

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @DanzArc750

Thank you for your post, it is a pleasure to help. I completely understand, another recommendation I can provide you is, that if you want to make sure your motherboard supports Resizable Bar contact your motherboard manufacturer directly and they will be able to provide you with this information.

Best regards,

Carlos L.

0 Kudos
DanzArc750
Novice

Sure ... worth a shot (though the BIOS does have a ReBar Enable/Disable option) ... Thx.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @DanzArc750

Thank you for your post. In this case, we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. Thank you for your interest in Intel® Products.

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

0 Kudos