Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

RimWorld Rendering Regression - UHD620

xperia64
Beginner

I've encountered a graphical regression when playing RimWorld in driver 27.20.100.9079. Many UI elements in-game render as light gray instead of the correct colors. See attached screenshots for details. Other UI elements beyond the Schedule tab are also light gray, but the Schedule tab is the most obvious.

Driver 27.20.100.8935 works fine.

1 Solution
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

I would like to provide an update on this situation.

The fix for this issue should be available in our latest DCH driver version 27.20.100.9466.

Please go ahead and try it out and let us know your feedback.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @xperia64

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We appreciate all the information provided regarding this behavior. Please allow us to check this further and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as we have more details available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @xperia64

We have released a new graphics driver. Could you please perform a Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows® 10 and test with Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Driver Version: 27.20.100.9126?

Please let us know the outcome of the test and if the issue is solved or if the behavior persists.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
xperia64
Beginner

Hi,

Yes, this is still an issue with 27.20.100.9126.

0 Kudos
patchit
Beginner

I was wondering if you had found a fix for this yet? I was trying to follow the back and fourth's on here but didn't know if I'd missed one. 

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello xperia64

Thank you very much for your response and feedback. Please allow us to do further research. We will be posting back in the thread as soon as we have more details available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi @xperia64 

I would like to let you know that we were able to replicate the issue in our lab.

We have filed bug ID # 14013486431 with our driver debug and development team. As soon as there is any update or news I'll post it here.

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue to us.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
bearmug12
Beginner

Hi @RonaldM_Intel

I don't know if this helps, but I wanted to let you know that a few people I know and me are also experiencing this problem on version 27.20.100.9316 of the driver.

As you can see on the Steam page the game is currently very popular and doesn't have high system requirements. So I think it would really positively affect many people if you fix this issue soon.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

I would like to provide an update on this situation.

The fix for this issue should be available in our latest DCH driver version 27.20.100.9466.

Please go ahead and try it out and let us know your feedback.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

CMP7
Beginner

Hi, excuse me but Im having the exact same problem buy my PC is older, im runing Intel G41 Express Chipset, with driver 8.15.10.2226 (most up to date driver ) Im having the exact same problem as explained in this thread, and since you ware able to solve it here that you could also provide me with the same suport if posible, for your help I thank you in advanced.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

There is no Intel driver for the G41 chipset for Windows 10.   All you have is the Microsoft generic driver, which lacks performance and features.

Sorry, it is time to upgrade to a new(er) system.  I suggest something with an 8th gen or later processor.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi @CMP7 

The reply from AlHill is correct. The Intel G41 Express Chipset and its subset of products are no longer supported by Intel. This also means that our driver development team no longer support issues on this hardware.

Best Regards,

Ronald M. 

0 Kudos