Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

(SOLVED) Display resolution/graphics driver issue (Toshiba notebook, Windows 10)

thedefinitearticle

My device is a Toshiba Satellite Pro C650 (model number PSC09A-01V021), running Windows 10 Home. The system type is 32-bit OS, x64-based processor. The processor is a Celeron Dual-Core CPU (T3500 @ 2.10GHz), with 2 GB RAM. The default refresh rate is 75 (possibly 64?) Hz.

I had been using the default graphics driver for years, however, I recently tried to update it.

I installed an Intel Display Driver (2016 version) from the Dynabook website after searching for my specific model. Following this, my display resolution changed from the default of 1366x768 to 1024x768, leading to noticeable ‘stretching’. (In Settings, I can only switch between two options, 1024x768 and 800x600.)

The option to “rollback driver” in monitor properties is greyed out. Uninstalling the Generic PnP Monitor does nothing. I have also tried forcing a display resolution change using the third-party Custom Resolution Utility. My most recent step has been trying to install generic Intel graphics drivers, however, all of these have superior system requirements. (The Intel website does not offer drivers for my particular processor.)

Any suggestions on restoring my native resolution of 1366x768?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
thedefinitearticle

Never mind, fixed now!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
thedefinitearticle

Never mind, fixed now!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Can you share what you did to fix this problem?

Doc

0 Kudos