Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Screen flickering after the latest update

AO
Beginner

I have a Dell XPS 9350, I got an update to my Graphics Driver (520) and now my screen flickers. Disabling the driver seemingly solves the issue but it slows down the PC as well. I followed the instructions on Windows's website, but it's clear disabling the driver stops flickering.

I re-downloaded driver from Dell's website, it didn't solve either.

I downloaded the previous version, it didn't solve either.

I manually installed the driver but it didn't solve.

Driver version 22.20.16.4836

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello kiwison,

Thank you for contacting Intel Support,

I understand that you are having problems with the system because the screen is flickering after you did a Graphics Driver update, I apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing.

To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach to this thread the report.

To attach a file, you must click "Use advanced editor" in the top right and then click the "Attach" option on the bottom right hand the response box.

After we have this information we can investigate a little further about this problem and attempt to find a solution.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
AO
Beginner

Thanks for the quick response David,

I attached the diagnostics file. As I said for a proper usage I had to disable the driver but it slows down the laptop. During the day, I manually updated the driver using the latest update given by Intel so my driver's version number is now 23.20.16.4901.

Best,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kiwison,

Thank you for your response,

After analyzing the information sent by you I was able to see several things. However the most important one which is the one that may be causing this issue is the Windows 10 version that you are currently using.

The version of Windows that you are using is a preview version, so it is not really a stable or released version, for this matter there is no stable driver for that Windows build. I would strongly recommend to try to use a stable Windows build for example the Fall Creators (1709).

I hope you find this helpful.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello kiwison,

I am following-up with your case and I see that we have not heard back from you,

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Were you able to solve your issue?

Do not hesitate to reply to this for further help!

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
AO
Beginner

Hi David,

After spending days of different methods I called Dell Customers services and they told me to reset my PC. Now everything works fine. I don't think windows insider was the reason as I've not received any updates before flickering started.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, kiwison.

It is really good to hear that you system is up and running now. Thank you very much for letting us know.

Antony S.
0 Kudos