Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Second Screen isnt shown correctly

JDien
Beginner

I wanted to use a 2nd Monitor with my Laptop, but if i plug it in, the mouse is shifted like 5 cm right (so when I click, it opens the file 5cm to the right on the screen and not where the cursor is placed).

I figgured out, that the problem might be, that my laptop has 1920*1080 and the external monitor can only play 1280*768. But when i change the resolution, i get only a black bar to the left (so only 1/3 of the external monitor is used)

I found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKh96pE-NwE , where its said i should update my driver (to Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.33] so get the option to customize the aspect ratio - but the driver doesnt get updated (it says my system hasnt met the requirements - which it does!

System scan with Intel® Driver & Support Assistant:

Computer

HP Notebook

Operating System

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-Bit)

Processor

Intel® Core™ i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz

Graphics

Intel® HD Graphics 5500

Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

Networking and I/O

TAP-Windows Adapter V9

Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter

Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

Memory

4 GB

Storage

Hitachi HTS543225L9A300

SAMSUNG MZNLF128HCHP-000H1

So, what should i do now? Thanks to any smart help 🙂

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You should contact HP for assistance, as they are solely responsible for support of your notebook.

You should use the drivers provided by HP, not the intel generic driver.

And, you should make sure you are on Windows 10, version 1903.

Doc

0 Kudos
JDien
Beginner

thanks. but in the settings, i should be able to fix the overscan (which is most likely the problem) - but my intel graphics dont show this option. so its an intel issue

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No, it is an HP issue. They made the laptop, they are the integrator, and they are responsible for your support.

Look at it this way - You buy a Ford, which has a Pioneer radio. You suspect problems with the radio. Do you go to Pioneer, or Ford for support?

If HP determines there is a driver issue, they will work with Intel.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Al is correct; for laptops, you should only use drivers obtained through your laptop vendor. Your laptop vendor should always be your first point of contact for any issues.

...S

0 Kudos
JDien
Beginner

well, the thing is that i can access the 2n monitor over the windows control pannel - but Intel HD Graphics Does Not Recognize the 2nd Display. so i cant change the settings here and Intel HD Graphics overrides my stuff. but thanks

0 Kudos