Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20994 Discussions

Shader model 6.6

Krull
Beginner

I just installed the latest driver 31.0.101.3413/31.0.101.2111 on an Intel HD 630. The highest Shader Model that was supported was 6.5. Any plans for the future to give support for Shader Model 6.6?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello Krull,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are going to research about this. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
susanpro
Beginner

Hi! Do we have an update for Shader Model 6.6 now for Intel i5-8th gen?

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Krull,

Upon researching about your concern, the Shader Model depends on the API, so if the API supports that Shader Model, then our graphics/hardware could support it. Since we do not comment on non-released products or future releases, our recommendation is to check with Microsoft DirectX support, as this comes included within the API.

Please feel free to check Intel Newsroom page (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/newsroom/home.html) to find the latest news about Intel products.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Krull
Beginner

This is not an API issue, this is an Intel driver issue. The driver 31.0.101.3413/31.0.101.2111 for  Intel HD 630 is only supporting 6.5.

You can query Shader Model support from the DX12 API, and Shader Model 6.6 and 6.7 is not supported.

0 Kudos