Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Skyrim: SE texture glitches for Baytrail Mobile

EAmen
Novice

Dear Intel,

I am having a problem in Skyrim Special Edition where some textures of things like hair are gray, and blue. I know this problem has been fixed before but only in a driver update for newer generation intel hd graphics. That is a problem for me because I have a Celeron N2840 with 3rd Generation Intel HD Graphics Mobile (baytrail). I have tried updating to the new drivers (.4885) but the problem persists. So I ask if you can please release the fix for my version of intel hd graphics because I really want to be able to play Skyrim on my laptop.

Hoping for the best,

E.A

0 Kudos
10 Replies
EAmen
Novice

Sorry I forgot to put it in the format I was supposed to.

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

The some of the textures in Skyrim Special Edition are gray like for example peoples' hair.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%):X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Toshiba Satellite C55-B5277 (8 gb of ram and Celeron n2840)

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

No

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)<td style="padding: 0 5.4pt; border-top: none; border-right: 1pt solid w...
idata
Employee

Hello SuperCy

Thank you for joining the Intel® community.

Have you tried a clean installation of the Intel® graphics driver? See the steps below.

Please provide me with a video of the error that you are having.

Clean installation steps:

First, you will have to download theIntel® HD Graphics for Intel Atom® Processor Z3700 Series driver version on the following https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27417/a08/win64_15.33.46.4885.zip https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27417/a08/win64_15.33.46.4885.zip, once the driver is downloaded please make sure that the unit is not connected to the internet during the uninstall/install driver to avoid any automatic update, and follow these steps to uninstall the graphics drivers:

1. On the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R, then type in devmgmt.msc
  2. Expand the Display Adapters section.
  3. Find the Intel® Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver).
  4. Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
  5. Select the checkbox Delete the driver software for this device.
  6. Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.

Repeat this steps until you get to the Microsoft basic display adapter.

Once the reboot is completed, please follow these steps in order to update the graphics driver:
  1. Use the .zip file downloaded previously.
  2. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
  3. Right-click on the Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
  4. Click "Yes" when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
  5. Expand the Display adapters section.
  6. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
  7. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
  8. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
  9. Click "Have Disk".
  10. Click "Browse".
  11. Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".
  12. Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".
  13. Click Open, then click OK, and finally click "Next". Drivers are now being installed.
  14. Reboot your computer.
  15. And let me know if you have any issues during the installation.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Leonardo C.
0 Kudos
EAmen
Novice

I don't have intel hd 630 I have intel hd graphics for intel atom ze700 which is the 3rd gen baytrail driver.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello SuperCy

Thank you for the information.

My apologies, if possible try a clean installation of the Intel® HD Graphics for Intel Atom® Processor Z3700 Series (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27417/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-?product=85552 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27417/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-?product=85552) following the steps provided previously.

Direct download link for the zip file:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27417/a08/win64_15.33.46.4885.zip https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27417/a08/win64_15.33.46.4885.zip

Hope this help.

Best Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
EAmen
Novice

I tried that but it didn't work. I don't think using the exe will make a difference but tomorrow I will try the zip.

0 Kudos
EAmen
Novice

My question now is will Intel ever give the fallout 4 and Skyrim se corruption patch to 3rd gen intel hd graphics.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello SuperCy

Thank you for the information.

I am investigating the case, please share with us a sample (video) of the behavior that is present on your system?

Best Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
EAmen
Novice

Thank you for replying,

I wasn't able to take a video tonight but I took a few photos that can show you what the problem is.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello SuperCy

Thank you for the information and for sharing/reporting these Textures glitching with Skyrim on Baytrail (15.33). allow me to share with you that since this is very old platform it is extremely unlikely that we'll take this bug, please bear in mind that we cannot promise any particular outcome, you could also consider the new 7th Generation platforms for the optimum performance with the latest games.

Best Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
EAmen
Novice

So I have tried the zip and it still did not work. Any other ideas?

0 Kudos