Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Sonic Frontiers graphical issues on Intel Iris Plus Graphics

DarkSun_Peac
Beginner

So, I've been having graphical issues with Sonic Frontiers on Iris Plus Graphics (See the following tweet, it basically explains what's going on: https://twitter.com/WatchSilasTV/status/1590094138657378304), and it only happens with this game, every other game works like a charm with my GPU except this one

I've tried the DXVK fix but that only crashes my game, and I'm already aware that ARC GPUs have a driver that fixes this issue--as well as some other graphical issues the game has, but obviously I can't install that for Iris Plus Graphics; so I was wondering if there was any other solution that I could try? Or if there's any word on there being a driver update to make the game compatible with my GPU? Any sort of help works, thanks!

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Steven_Intel

Hello DarkSun_Peac,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

I am sorry you are having issues with your Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics, I will be glad to assist you.

Please provide the following information:

Open the application and select "Everything", click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". Please attach the file to your reply.

• On Windows, look for the Intel® Graphics Command Center > Go to Support > Click on System Diagnostic > Click on Generate report > Save the report as a .txt file and attach it to your reply.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
DarkSun_Peac
Beginner

Hello, thank you so much for looking into this

With this message I have attached the Detailed View scan of the Support Utility and the Command Center's report. Some of the other troubleshooting that I have tried was that I have installed the latest drivers and I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and none of those solutions have worked.

On the Detailed View scan, it will say that I'm operating on a mac, though this is through bootcamp, so I'm really running things through Windows 10 and not macOS, and I've never had a problem like this with a game up until now, even with most recent releases.

With that said, those are the troubleshooting steps I have followed and I have generated the reports that were asked of me as well; if you need anything else from my system please let me know. Thank you so much for the help so far.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for all the information provided.

To confirm, even though you have re-installed the driver, have you performed a clean installation of the latest graphics drivers?

If you have not, here are the steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Graphics driver version 31.0.101.3790/31.0.101.2114: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Let me know of the outcome.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
DarkSun_Peac
Beginner

Hello,

So, I have tried to do a clean install of my drivers, and the whole game is still pretty much dark; it's only Sonic Frontiers that has this issue too, i tried it with the rest of my games and they work just fine

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

I will research about this. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello DarkSun_Peac,

By any chance, could you please provide us with a step-by-step guide on how to reproduce the issue in order for us to do that on our end?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
DarkSun_Peac
Beginner

Hello,

All I had to do was start up the game, so I basically opened up Steam, booted up Sonic Frontiers, went into the open zone, and it was almost pitch black, along with a few other graphical issues but that was the main one.

I hope the information helps, thanks!

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello DarkSun_Peac,

Thank you for the information.

I will continue to work on this. As soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello DarkSun_Peac,

I appreciate your patience on this matter.

We are still trying to replicate the issue on our side and as soon as I have the results I will post them here.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello DarkSun_Peac,

Please be aware that we are currently working on this issue and the release of new drivers containing the fix is set to be released soon.

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
DarkSun_Peac
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you so much for helping out, I will wait for the driver update to be released.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Thank you for your response.

As for now, we will proceed to close this thread. 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. We appreciate your understanding.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos