Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21093 Discussions

Sony Vaio & Intel HD 3000 with Windows 8

idata
Employee

Hi,

I've got the Sony Vaio VPCEH2N1E and recently upgraded to Windows 8, I have upgraded my Intel HD 3000 driver to 9.17.10.2828.

I am simply trying to run Euro Truck Simulator 2, but it's quite laggy unless on the lowest setting, when I use 'Can You Run It?' it says that the graphics fail because I should have 256MB of dedicated video ram and I have 0.

I understand that the Intel graphics are shared and so not dedicated but I would have thought I would be able to run this game a little better.

Also, when in graphics properties it say's I have total available graphics memory 1632MB, dedicated video memory 0MB, system video memory 0MB, shared system memory 1632MB.

Just checking that all this is right, and it's just the way it is, I won't be able to play this game unless I upgrade, or is there anything I can do to help?

Thanks for any advise.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Thanks Diego,

I've already tried this, and it won't install, and when I run the Intel check on the website it says... A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer.

I've already been to the Sony website and downloaded the latest driver, is there anyway I can make the latest Intel driver work?

Thanks

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Paul,

You can try to load the genereci drivers using the "Have disk" instructions that are posted on this article:

http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Diego,

Thanks, just followed that article, and I got... The best driver software for your device is already installed.

Looks like I won't be able to update to the latest version for some reason?

0 Kudos
MEA1
New Contributor II

You have to uninstall the old driver first and then install the new one from intel.

0 Kudos