Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20671 Discussions

Strange screen vibration in games.

rembou
Beginner
Hi all. So my problem it's very komplex.
I bought a new Acer nitro 5 laptop with Intel i5 12500h CPU and rtx 4060 8gb GPU.
What I noticed:
In all game there is a little screen vibration/minor flickers or really I don't know what is that exactly. If I lock a fps to 60 it disappear. But in other fps limit there is again. If I turn of in Intel arc control panel the VRR it disappear too (in every frame limit not only in 60 fps) but than I have 90-96 C Cpu temp. (The games I tried black ops cold war, Hogwarts legacy, cynerpunk 2077)
All my driver it's up to date only the bios not (2 update under)

I don't know its a hardware or software issue. And if it software how can I fix, bcs in long term they high CPU temp I that it's not healthy.

Thank you for the answeres.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello rembou

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

In order to have a better understanding of your issue, please provide me with the following:

1.      Can you describe the screen vibration/flickers in more detail? How often does it occur, and is it constant or intermittent?

2.      Tell me more about the FPS limits you've tested. Specifically, which limits result in the issue, and what VRR settings have you adjusted in the Intel Arc Control Panel?

3.      Regarding the high CPU temperatures (90-96°C), does this consistently happen across all tested games, or does it vary?

4.      What challenges did you face, if any, when attempting to update the BIOS? Can you walk me through the process you followed?

5.      Did the problem start immediately after purchasing the laptop, or did it develop over time? Were there any specific events or changes when the issue began?

6.      Have you noticed if the issue persists when the laptop is connected to an external display, or is it specific to the laptop screen?

7.      Have you made any significant changes, like installing new software or hardware, around the time the issue started?

8.      Do you recall the last GPU driver update, and did you notice any changes in the issue afterward?

9.      Are there any custom settings or configurations you've applied, either in-game or within the system, that might be related to the screen issue?

10.  Have you contacted Acer for support?

Also provide us with the SSU and IGCC report:

IGCC Report: Follow these steps to generate an Intel® Graphics Driver report for the Intel® Graphics Control Panel or the Intel® Graphics Command Center. Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers.

SSU: Please download and scan your system using our tool, Intel® System Support Utility so we can help check your system info first. Once finished downloading, open the tool, click on scan 'Everything', click next, then save the system information to a .txt file. Please provide the .txt file.

This document will be necessary to check your entire system, in order to find possible errors or incompatibilities.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello rembou

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Please answer our questions and provide us with the requested reports.

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Isaac Q. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello rembou

We hope you are doing fine.

We have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos