Hi and thanks in advance for any replies.
I have been really struggling struggling to dowload the latest driver for the above model. I currently have version 10.18.10.4276 installed. Could anyone confirm that this is not the latest driver version? Whenever I try to install the latest through the support center it just gives the message: Error: The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Obtain the appropriate driver from the computer's manufacturer. Setup will exit.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. 😃
- The latest Intel driver for your processor is Version: 18.104.22.16829 Date: 3/25/2020 Download the win64_22.214.171.12429.exe to your computer
- Disconnect the internet.
- Open the Display Adapter section in Device Manager and right click on Intel HD Graphics. Select Uninstall device (check the "Delete ..." option).
- Reboot your computer. You should see Microsoft Basic Graphics Driver in the Device Manager.
- Install the previously downloaded driver Version: 126.96.36.19929.
- Reconnect the internet and reboot your computer.
- If your laptop is equipped with NVIDIA Graphics Adapter, you should download NVIDIA driver from Acer Download Site.
Thank you so much for your response,
I followed the instructions as you said and when trying to install through the installer it just installs up to the same version again (10.18.10.5129) instead of 188.8.131.5229. It's almost like the computer think that 10.18.10.5129 is the latest version. I'm sure it isn't though because a game that I like playing is telling me that my graphics driver is 1600 days old.
Any further advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.