Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

System has event id error 7023 after updated Intel Graphic driver 23.20.16.5017 on Win10 RS3

FChi
Beginner

I got an event id error 7023(The Intel(R) Content Protection HECI Service service terminated with the following error: The data area passed to a system call is too small.) after updated Intel Graphic driver 23.20.16.5017 on Win10 RS3. It happens when system restart or power on/off sometimes.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello francischi,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

I would like to take a look at this issue. Please run the Intel® System Support Utility to get more information about your system.

1.Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

2.Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3.To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello francischi,

I would like to know if you still need any further assistance.

If possible, please attach the report to have more information about your system.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
FChi
Beginner

Please refer to attached log

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello francischi,

Thank you for your response.

I was doing research on the drivers provided by your system manufacturer. How are you updating your system? Are you installing the graphics driver provided by your system manufacturer?

https://www.nexstgo.com/hk/product/primus-series/support

These errors usually occur because of incompatibility or corrupt drivers.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
FChi
Beginner

Hi Wanner,

Yes, I update driver from system manufacturer website. Do you mean 23.20.16.5017 doesn't support on my platform?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello francischi,

Thank you for your response. I just wanted to make sure that the driver installed was provided by your system manufacturer.

For testing purposes, I would like you to try this graphics driver for Intel® UHD Graphics 620.

Version: 24.20.100.6136 (Latest)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27847/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10?product=126789

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
FChi
Beginner

Hi Wanner,

OK. This event id is not 100% can be duplicated. It has around 2% f/r after I shutdown and power on system.

0 Kudos
FChi
Beginner

Hi Wanner,

I still can duplicate this issue after updated to latest driver as attached log.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello francischi,

Thank you for your response.

Even though you are getting this Event ID message sometimes, how is your system being impacted? Are you experiencing any issues when running applications or playing videos?

If you are getting an error message in Windows, it will be great to have a picture attached as well.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello francischi,

Are you still getting the Event ID error 7023 sometimes?

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos