Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

The new Graphics Command Center a screen scaling problem, Lenovo ThinkPad E580.

GHjel
Beginner

The new Graphics Command Center from Microsoft Store have created a problem for me. I am not able to self define the horizontal/vertical scale of my screens anymore. This worked fine with the old software... How can i solve this irritating issue?

My Lenovo E580 Thinkpad config:

Intel® Core™ i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz

Intel® UHD Graphics 620, version 26.20.100.7261 (no newer versions at Lenovo Update)

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Use the graphics driver from Lenovo for your laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos
GHjel
Beginner

I have the latest graphics drive from Lenovo installed. I have just run system update from Lenovo to check. I have not seen any Lenovo software for adjusting graphics for my laptop. Does it exist? I used to use Intel UHD Graphics Control Panel for this purpose and that one worked fine!

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @GHjel​ 

You still can download the Intel Graphics Control Panel from the Microsoft Store and use this as before. After installing you will find it in the Start Menu under letter "I".

Leon

0 Kudos
GHjel
Beginner

You are right, it did not work, but I have figured out what the problem is. Will type a post about it below.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

If you are using the driver provided by Lenovo, and are missing the GCP, you can contact Lenovo, or download it from the Microsoft Store.

Doc

0 Kudos
GHjel
Beginner

I already have the GCP software installed from Moicrosoft Store, but the H/V scale option is missing!

0 Kudos
Max44
Beginner

To fix this issue, you may need to try the following actions one by one.

Enter safe mode.

Uninstall chipset and display driver under safe mode.

Reinstall chipset and display driver in Windows.

Run cmd command to scan hardware and ensure drivers installed successfully.

0 Kudos
Gh0stb1t
New Contributor I

Well I have both new Control Panel and Command Center from Microsoft Store with new DCH driver (custom driver for my system) and I do have the scalling options, so we can say it is not an issue on these tools as they work in my system, I mean, the features has not been removed. However, the features may be only available depending on the display in use and the custom driver and since you mentioned it worked fine before with old control panel (so it worked with previous legacy driver) I am guessing the issue could be in the custom driver you are using. So what you want to do is to report to Lenovo support this issue or bug in their Lenovo driver. I am sharing images:

Control Panel:

Image1.jpg

0 Kudos
Gh0stb1t
New Contributor I

Command Center, in Display, you select Custom in the scale drop-down list and the scaling bars appear...Image2.jpg

0 Kudos
GHjel
Beginner

Thank you for your reply,

I have the same new Command Center, but I only get three choices; keep, center and stretch. Custom is missing... On the old control center I had all choices, but the old one probably disappeared when the new one was installed. When i run Intel® Driver & Support Assistant, there is a new driver available for my laptop (Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers,Version: 26.20.100.7870), but I when I try to install it is rejected because of Lenovo dependence... Do anyone know if there exists a link to the old control software? I have searched, but not found. I am certain that the old control center will work, because nothing have been changed on my setup. Talking to Lenovo about these matters takes too much time!

0 Kudos
GHjel
Beginner

The problem is not the Intel Graphics software or the laptop driver. I recently replaced my docking station and the new dock is the source to the problem. If I enter the Intel Graphics Command Center to adjust screen settings for screens connected to the docking, the screens are not recognized as connected to Intel Graphics and thereby some adjustments are not available from Intel Graphics Command Center. If I connect the actual screen directly to the laptop, all adjustment possibilities become available. That is the case both for display port connected screens and HDMI port connected screens at the dock. This worked fine with my previous docking station. Probably a driver/firmware issue regarding the new docking? Previous dock was a Lenovo ThinkPad USB-C Dock (40A9) and Intel Graphics Command Center worked fine. New dock is Lenovo ThinkPad Hybrid USB-C with USB-A Dock (40AF0135EU) and Intel Graphics Command Center not working properly when screens are connected to dock...

Thank all for answers and suggestions.

0 Kudos
Gh0stb1t
New Contributor I

Well it is good to know the feature works when connecting displays directly and you have identified the source of the problem, now you have a starting point to move forward and troubleshoot the docking (maybe firmware for it) or test a different one... It seems the current one has issues passing communication between displays and the laptop...

0 Kudos