Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

The screen attached to my computer via a displayport connection goes black for a few seconds and then returns.

GWood10
Beginner

I have an IIyama E2483HS monitor attached to the displayport connection on computer. The computer is running Windows 10 Pro 64 1909, with an Asus Prime Z370-A II motherboard, 16gb DDR4. The graphic on the board is Intel (R) UHD Graphics 630, the driver is 26.20.100.7210 running at 1920x1080 resolution.

There is a second screen attached via hdmi and that doesn't go black when the displayport attached screen does.

I've changed over displayport cables and that has not made any difference.

Any suggestions as to what is causing the issue?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SHuot1
Beginner

I Have the same problem

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Is your Bios updated with the latest version 1202, dated 26/09/2019? https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-Z370-A-II/HelpDesk_Download/
  2. Try to update your Graphics Driver with the latest version: 26.20.100.7463 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29195/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

Leon

0 Kudos
GWood10
Beginner

Thanks yes Bios is 1202. The graphics driver seems to have been updated since I started to have the problem last week, I updated it last week, but will try the newer drive now.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

GWood10, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

I just wanted to check if you were able to install the Intel® Graphics driver version 26.20.100.7463 provided previously and if the problem with the screen persists after that?

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
GWood10
Beginner

No it would not install it kept telling me there was a custom graphics driver installed from the board manufacturer. I've reset the PC and that seems to have solved the issue

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

GWood10, Thank you very much for letting us know those updates and results.

Actually, we recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

So, perfect, excellent, it is great to hear that the PC is now working properly after rest it and there is no more display problems.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos