Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

The screen is glitching and showing weird dots

hnawayseh
Beginner

Hello, I newly built a PC and I don't have a GPU yet, after installing windows I noticed weird dots on the screen and when I play videos I see glitches after that I lose the signal from screen for about 5 seconds.

I tried a gaming monitor and a normal TV and 2 HDMI cables and 1 DP and I updated everything on windows and the drivers, also I changed the refresh rate and the resolution and that didn't help

That's my specs:
- Intel i7-10700K
- MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Carbon WIFI
- Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB
- Corsair Vengeance LPX (16*2) 3200 MHz
- Corsair HX1000 Platinum 1000 watt
- Corsair ICUE H115i RGB PRO XT
- Fractal Design Meshify C Case
- MSI 27" OPTIX 2k 165Hz

and I get a notification from windows after the signal come back you will see an attached photo of it

I searched a lot for this problem in the internet and I found nothing, I hope to find some help here and to know what's causing this 
problem is it the CPU or MB or it's a software problem

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello hnawayseh, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

So we can better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers, follow this link

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello hnawayseh,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
hnawayseh
Beginner

There was a problem with my CPU I changed it and now everything is good, thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello hnawayseh, 

Thank you for your update.

Based on that, we will proceed to close this inquiry. If you have additional questions, please submit a new thread and we will gladly assist you.

Regards, 

Sebastian M 

0 Kudos