Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance and optimization
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
16829 Discussions

The screen is glitching and showing weird dots

hnawayseh
Beginner

Hello, I newly built a PC and I don't have a GPU yet, after installing windows I noticed weird dots on the screen and when I play videos I see glitches after that I lose the signal from screen for about 5 seconds.

I tried a gaming monitor and a normal TV and 2 HDMI cables and 1 DP and I updated everything on windows and the drivers, also I changed the refresh rate and the resolution and that didn't help

That's my specs:
- Intel i7-10700K
- MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Carbon WIFI
- Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB
- Corsair Vengeance LPX (16*2) 3200 MHz
- Corsair HX1000 Platinum 1000 watt
- Corsair ICUE H115i RGB PRO XT
- Fractal Design Meshify C Case
- MSI 27" OPTIX 2k 165Hz

and I get a notification from windows after the signal come back you will see an attached photo of it

I searched a lot for this problem in the internet and I found nothing, I hope to find some help here and to know what's causing this 
problem is it the CPU or MB or it's a software problem

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello hnawayseh, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

So we can better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers, follow this link

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello hnawayseh,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

hnawayseh
Beginner

There was a problem with my CPU I changed it and now everything is good, thanks for the help.

Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello hnawayseh, 

Thank you for your update.

Based on that, we will proceed to close this inquiry. If you have additional questions, please submit a new thread and we will gladly assist you.

Regards, 

Sebastian M