Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Trying to install baseline intel driver to run premiere pro but getting error message- any help greatly appreciated

EDrag5
Beginner

Hi there, as I said im trying to install intel driver version 100.6286, however upon trying to run it I get the error message "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements to install this software". I've checked for other driver upates but allegedly im up to date. Some details on my computer- Operating System- Windows 10 64 bit, BIOS- F.04 3/18/2015, Processor- Intel core i3- 5010U CPU, Graphics card- Intel HD Graphics 5500- its an HP Envy with 4 GB of memory- any idea why it can't install the driver? Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What version of Windows 10? 1909?

You should use the driver(s) provided by HP, and not the Intel generic driver unless HP instructs you differently.

Contact HP for support of their laptop.

Doc

0 Kudos
EDrag5
Beginner

Yes it is 1909, ill try contacting HP thanks

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

100.6286 is a driver for 6th gen and later processors. The platform list (from its ReadMe.txt) says:

Platforms:

6th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family (Codename Skylake)

7th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family (Codename Kaby Lake)

8th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) processor family (Codename Kaby Lake-R, Coffee Lake-R)

Apollo Lake

Gemini Lake

Intel(R) Xeon(R) Processor E3 v5

According to the Intel site, the latest available driver for Intel HD Graphics 5500 is 15.40.45.5126. This can be downloaded from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29474/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=86210.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos