Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21223 Discussions

UHD 620 and Screen Going Blank - New Thread

Jeff_TS
Beginner

This thread is an extension of: Re:UHD 620 and Screen Going Blank - New Thread - Intel Community

My company uses the Posiflex 6015 POS terminal running Windows 10 with a secondary attached customer facing screen which plays advertisements. The software runs in Electron 21.3. The software was build using the latest version of React 18.2. When there is no active movement on the primary screen, the screen will randomly just go blank. Tapping the screen will cause the content to re-display. This does not happen on other POS terminals running the same software. The latest drivers have not fixed the issue. We have resorted to putting a clock with a second ticker on the most important pages to prevent the screen from going blank. Forum posts seem to indicate this is related to the GPU. Please provide a long term fix for this issue.

My technical team was delayed in providing requested information, so this is a new thread.

Notes:

• Are you using a straight cable into the port or are you using any type of adapter or docking station? - The POS terminal has an integrated screen.
  •  When did the issue start? Were there any recent changes?  - This POS runs fine when not running our application in electron. It seems to be related to the way that the GPU interacts with electron. Other GPU's do not have this problem.
  •  Does this only happen on this app?  - Yes

I would like to get a hold of someone to conduct troubleshooting of this issue.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Jeff_TS

We noticed this is a duplicate thread from your other thread with the title UHD 620 and Screen Going Blank - New Thread, I believe a resolution was already provided but if there is any new information to add please continue posting on the original post for further assistance.

We will be closing this thread to prevent duplicate topics. Please note this thread will no longer be monitored, Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos