Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20621 Discussions

UHD 630 max resolution

BorisM
Beginner

I now the port combination with the UHD graphics that maximises resolution for three monitors.  I am looking at the combinations DP, DP, HDMI or DP, DP, DP.

Does anybody know the maximum resolution for each screen in this combination?  I cannot find numbers for that. Could it support 4k,4k,4k or 4k,4k,2k or 4k,2k,2k?

As said, I cannot find specs documentation for this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

BorisM, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to your question, just to let you know, the way the maximum resolution works is not based on combinations, the way it works is, first of all, depending on the type of cable that you are using and then also depending on the computer and monitor, they both have different configurations so the max resolution will depend on the compatibility between all of the devices and the customizations done by the manufacturer of the computer.

In the following link, you will see the max support resolution for the Intel® UHD Graphics 630 controller depending on the video port being used, you can always enter the model of your Intel® Processor in the search bar as well to confirm those details, please look under the "Processor Graphics" tab:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/191789/intel-core-i9-9900-processor-16m-cache-up-to-5-00-ghz.html

The functionality of the GPU physical ports will depend on the manufacturer of the desktop or laptop by design, so the best thing to do will be to confirm all the specifications and compatibility of the parts directly with the manufacturer of laptop and monitor and once you get those details you will be able to confirm how many and what kind of displays you will be able to use and which will be the max resolution for each of them.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos