Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

UHD Graphics 620 used with HD Graphics 620 driver (Win7)

MTorr8
Beginner

So I have an Intel Core i7-8550U with UHD Graphics 620, I must use Windows 7 for legacy programming, so please don't tell me to use Win10.

Since there are no drivers for Windows 7, so I (hack) installed the Win10 drivers for UHD620 but they did not work at all, however

the HD Graphics 620 drivers for Win7 do work.

The problem is the system randomly crashes once in a while, otherwise games and everything work fine, my question is could someone tell me what feature(s) of the UHD 620 it is that the HD 620 driver isn't able to handle, so I could possibly disable this feature and have it working fine.

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

There is no support for anything less than windows 10 on 7th gen and later processors.

Use Windows 10 Pro, turn on hyper-v, and install a windows 7 vm.

Or, get yourself a system with a 6th gen processor.

Support of only windows 10 on 7th gen and later processors has been known for more than two years now, so this should be no surprise to you.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

There is no support for anything less than windows 10 on 7th gen and later processors.

Use Windows 10 Pro, turn on hyper-v, and install a windows 7 vm.

Or, get yourself a system with a 6th gen processor.

Support of only windows 10 on 7th gen and later processors has been known for more than two years now, so this should be no surprise to you.

Doc

0 Kudos
MTorr8
Beginner

Ok, was this post really necessary? Apparently you didn't read the first line I wrote.

I'm a programmer and I hacked the drivers so I could use it on Win7, because I need that.

Thank you for telling me about virtual boxes and the fact 7th generation doesn't support Win7,

I'll be sure to pass that on to my kindergarteners. Looking for some serious advice here

THanks

Btw: There's actually only one thing that's not supported on Win7 for 7th+ generation and that's Intel's graphics drivers,

everything else is completely functional and even chipset drivers are provided by Intel. Thank you Intel, for that!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Yes, the post was necessary.

Hacks are not supported. Make sure you state that on your next support request, that you are running an unsupported system.

I gave you the serious advice. You can look elsewhere for hacks and support.

Good luck moving forward, whatever grade level you want to pass this to.

Doc

0 Kudos
MTorr8
Beginner

Serious advice? Dude if you don't know the answer, kindly refrain from trolling my post.

I'm asking a real question here, there are many other such questions on the forums, including

with intel participants, so nothing wrong with it. Thank you

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

DUDE, I do know the answer. What you are doing is not supported. PERIOD. If you cannot accept the answer, look elsewhere on the net for DUDES like yourself who do not understand what "NOT SUPPORTED" means.

Doc

0 Kudos