Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20638 Discussions

UHD Graphics 710: High memory usage and memory leak issues with WPF application

JHM_DEV
Novice

Hello,

I would like to inquire about the memory leak issues we encountered when running a WPF full-screen (KIOSK) application in an environment using Intel UHD Graphics 710 (1GB).

We have dealt with a number of PCs using the same H/W configuration. These PCs run a KIOSK program developed with WPF.

We’ve been using the PCs with the following configuration since Feb, 2023 and we encountered the memory leak issue:

■ PC (1) - H/W configuration with the issue (since Feb, 2023.)
- Mainboard: H610M H DDR4
- Installed .NET version: 4.8
- CPU: Intel Celeron(R) G6900 x64, Core * 2
- RAM: 7.8GB
- Graphics: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 710 1GB
- Graphic driver: 30.0.101.1273

A memory leak occurred in the WPF app running on every single PC with the configuration above.

We’ve checked if there’s any issue regarding S/W memory leaks and have tried to figure out the issue by installing .NET Framework to 4.8.1.

Also, I updated the graphics driver’s version to 31.0.101.3790/31.0.101.2114 but the issue was not resolved.

We concluded that this is the memory leak issue with new configuration as we haven’t encountered this kind of issue with the same program in the previous configuration (until Jan, 2023) which is mentioned below:

■ PC (2) – H/W configuration not occurring the issue (until Jan, 2023.)
- Mainboard: H410M S2H V3
- Installed .NET version: 4.7
- CPU: Intel Celeron(R) G5905 @3.50GHz x64, Core * 2
- RAM: 3.8GB
- Graphics: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 610 1GB
- Graphic driver: 27.20.100.8280

Like suggested in the community’s reply (https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Net-WPF-Application-high-memory-consumption/td-p/1434020), the memory leak issue didn’t happen when running WPF app using S/W rendering in PC (1). (It originally used H/W rendering.)
Also, the problem did not occur when using the graphics card as a Geforce GTX1050.

I understand that there might be other various reasons for this issue but considering (a) this was solved by applying the 'software (CPU) rendering' way, and (b) this problem didn’t occur in the UHD 610, We assume that this issue is related to graphics card or graphics driver.

So, I would like to know if there is any solution for this memory leak in PC (1)’s environment.

For your information, I attached WPF test program to remake this issue.
When running the "WpfMemoryLeakTestApp.exe", the used memory log is written in file named “WpfMemoryLeakTestApp_Log.txt” per 10 seconds.
To review this issue thoroughly, please check this log after running the test program for more than 2 hours.

Test Application ScreenshotTest Application Screenshot

Also, I attached the log of the WPF test program when running for more than 2 hours on PC (1) with the issue and PC (2) without the issue. The names of the logs are like the following : "PC1_MEMORY_LEAK-TEST_APP_LOG.txt" and "PC2_NORMAL-TEST_APP_LOG.txt", respectively.

PC (1) is tested with the graphic driver 31.0.101.3790 ver. Installed and, PC (2) is tested with the same graphic driver installed in PC (1).

From these logs, you can check that the memory in PC (1) is used more than twice the one in PC (2) and also the memory in PC (1) is increasing, but PC (2) is stable despite of graphic driver with the issue installed.

Thank you.

Henry Jang.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JHM_DEV
Novice

I am sorry for the confusion.

Actually my post was deleted through a spam filter a few minutes after I wrote down.

I didn't expect that it would be taken back to the bulletin board so it ended up for me to write a several posts.

As all the post written by me contain a same inquiry about the same issue, please refer to the last post I wrote

(https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/UHD710-High-memory-usage-and-memory-leak-issues-with-WPF/m-p/1471504#M115759)

instead of this post.

I tried to delete this post as I realized it might confuse you but I wasn;t able to find the delete function.

0 Kudos