Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

UHD Graphics 750 - display glitches

ButteredToast
Beginner

I've been having a couple of graphical issue, I had the same problem with a previous driver version and the problem has continued on the latest version (27.20.100.9127)

It mainly happens on interactive buttons and icons on web pages, and appears like a pixilation. I've attached a gif showing an icon from the Microsoft site where the issue occurs.

There also seems to be an issue that only occurs when running the remote desktop app where the screen goes completely dark and when it returns the screen becomes intermittently fuzzy. This then continues when the app is closed. It is particularly prominent when watching a video (such as on youtube). However when using windows snipping tool the issue doesn't show so i've had to photograph the screen to show the problem. (photo_2021-10-20)

I have a dual monitor setup and have tried switching them over (display port / hdmi) and the issue is the same on both. However the fuzzy issue only appears on the screen that has been running the remote desktop app.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Tees
Beginner

Hi,

Same issue i'm having. Still waiting for intel employee to respond in my thread. I have a desktop cpu and updating driver to more recent version(30.0.100.xxxx) seems fixed fuzziness. However black screen problem remains.

0 Kudos
ButteredToast
Beginner

The black screen glitch occurred again today so I recorded a video (attached) showing the difference between my two screens when having a video loaded. As you can see it only affects the screen which had the remote desktop application running.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @ButteredToast

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide us with the following information?

1- Did it work fine before or is this issue happening since the first day that you have the system?

2- If this worked fine before at any moment, were there any recent hardware or software changes that might relate to the point when the issue started? (For instance, Windows*, driver, BIOS, or software updates?) Also, by any chance do you handle the list of driver versions that work fine?

3- When you say "the problem has continued on the latest version (27.20.100.9127)", is this the customized graphics driver provided by your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)?

4- What is the app's name, version, and developer of the "remote desktop application"?

5- Please provide detailed step-by-step instructions for replication purposes.

6- An Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ButteredToast
Beginner

1- Did it work fine before or is this issue happening since the first day that you have the system?

Since the first day

I had seen a report of a similar issue to which the op was advised that an updated graphic driver was due to be released however this didn't fix the issue for me.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Problems-with-Intel-Graphics-750/m-p/1280940#M97001 

2- If this worked fine before at any moment, were there any recent hardware or software changes that might relate to the point when the issue started? (For instance, Windows*, driver, BIOS, or software updates?) Also, by any chance do you handle the list of driver versions that work fine?

Always been the same

3- When you say "the problem has continued on the latest version (27.20.100.9127)", is this the customized graphics driver provided by your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)?

This is the latest version of your UHD graphics 750 driver available from the intel site. I built the system myself so don't have an OEM as such.

4- What is the app's name, version, and developer of the "remote desktop application"?

App name is Remote Desktop

Developer - Microsoft

Version - 10.2.1810.0

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/microsoft-remote-desktop/9wzdncrfj3ps?activetab=pivot:overviewtab 

5- Please provide detailed step-by-step instructions for replication purposes.

The issue that appears like missing clusters of pixels is continuous from the computer being turned on. 

The issue of the black screen and fuzzy texts seems to occur randomly while the remote desktop is running. I can have days where is doesn't happen and times where the screen goes black and returns to normal without any fuzzyness, but when it it becomes fuzzy the issue persists even after the remote desktop is closed and only a system restart fixes the problem.

6- An Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) report to gather more details about the system:

Attached

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
Roland_87
New Contributor I

I actually have the same issue with Netflix on 4K and HDR (HVEC codec). Artifacts all over the place.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello ButteredToast

Thank you for your response.

Even for custom-built systems, users have access to "OEM¹ drivers". This is since motherboard manufacturers also provide their "customized version of graphics drivers".

The driver version 27.20.100.9127 is not available on our Download Center. Actually, this driver is listed on the motherboard's website for ASUS* TUF GAMING B560-PLUS WIFI > VGA Drivers > Version 27.20.100.9127, so it seems the system was running the customized driver. Does this make sense? Or perhaps the driver was pushed through Windows* Updates Service? (that is a common behavior)

Nevertheless, it is worth mentioning that the latest Intel® generic Graphics driver available is version 30.0.100.9955.

Having said that, we would like to recommend performing a Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows* using Intel® Graphics DHC driver Version 30.0.100.9955 (Latest). During the process, please make sure all steps are followed, including disconnecting from the Internet and making sure you get to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter before trying to install the graphics driver.

Also, based on your motherboard's website, it seems there is a newer BIOS version available for your system: Version 1017*. We recommend checking with ASUS* Support if the BIOS may have a fix or improvements that may help with this behavior and if they recommend updating to this BIOS version.

If the behavior persists with the latest graphics driver and latest BIOS, please provide us with the following information:

1- Are you using a straight-through connection with a single cable to connect each monitor? For instance, HDMI-to-HDMI, DisplayPort-to-Displayport*? Or are you using any type of video adapters, converters, dockings, HDMI® extenders/extension cables? Please provide details.

2- Run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to verify that both the processor and the GPU (Graphics Processing Unite) are in good working condition. To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply.

3-Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers following the steps on the link. Make sure both monitors are connected to the computer when generating the report.

4- Regarding the "display glitches and pixelation issues on interactive buttons and icons on web pages", is this happening on different web browsers? For instance, have you tested on Google* Chrome, Microsoft Edge*, Firefox*, Opera*, etc? If not, could you please test these browsers and let us know if the behavior is the same on all of them?

5- A new Intel® SSU report.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Note:

1- The driver or software for your Intel® component might have been changed or replaced by the computer/motherboard manufacturer (OEM). OEM drivers are handpicked and include customized features and solutions to platform-specific issues, therefore, the usual recommendation is to use the OEM driver as the first option.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello ButteredToast

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Were you able to try the suggestions?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello ButteredToast

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos