Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20638 Discussions

UHD graphics 770 & directshow & Windows Media Player

ptpas059
Beginner

Hello,

Displaying a media fails using "Lecteur Windows Media" (windows media player) and with any application using 'Video Mixing Render 9' or 'Enhanced Video Render' (traditional DirectShow filters), although 'Video Mixing Render 7' works.

The System runs Windows 10 Enterprise, the cpu is a core i7-12700. Even after updating the drivers (version 31.0.101.5333) the problem persists.

Is there a solution?

regards

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Ptpas059,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

Please provide the following information in order for us to further isolate the issue and provide you with a solution:

• When did the issue start, and have you made any changes that caused the issue?
  • Does Windows Media Player, Video Mixing Render 9 or Enhanced Video Render work fine before?
  • Please provide a video of the actual issue that we have.
  • Except for updating your graphics driver, have you tried other troubleshooting steps?
  • Please generate an SSU report to help me further analyze important details on your system, such as the OS build number, graphics driver version, errors logged in the system, etc. To generate the SSU report, please refer to the article How to get the Intel® System Support Utility Logs on Windows*. Please send us the generated SSU.txt file.

We look forward to your response!

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ptpas059
Beginner

Hello Carmona,

the problem was noticed by chance on two new PCs of a customer (Lenovo ThinkStation 360 with Windows 10 Enterprise and a core i7-12700 cpu, 32Go RAM, graphics card NVidia T1000) when the screen is connected to a displayport connector of the mother board; i say by chance because during the first tests we haven't the right cable (mini DP - DP) to use the NVidia board which provides only mini DP connectors , so we used the DP connector of the mother board that is managed by the UHD graphics 770.

So i analyzed the problem, mainly using GraphEdt and graphstudionext64, and i noticed that Video Mixing Render 9 or Enhanced Video Renderer refuse to connect, either for displaying a simple avi file or for displaying video stream coming from a webcam (a Logitech c920e for instance); strangely, Video Mixing Render 7 works but it is not the best renderer. After a quick search on the net, i saw that similar issues were signaled with UHD graphics 770, so i decided to get a miniDP-DP cable and to retry using the NVidia board; ..... and when using the NVidia t1000 connector everything works fine (Windows Media Player, Video Mixing Render 9 or Enhanced Video Render,...).

I will not able to help you more as the PC was returned to the customer with instructions to use the T1000 NVidia board via mini DP-DP cables, which is anyway the normal usage of this PC.

Best regards

Pascal

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Ptpas059,

Thank you so much for the response and for informing us of the troubleshooting steps that you have tried.

It is nice to hear that you have found a way to somehow fix our issue. Please let me know if you would still need our assistance or if you would prefer that we close the case since your customer has already taken the system with them.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ptpas059
Beginner

Hello Carmona,

on my side the issue can be considered as closed temporarily, but not on yours.

The issue remains present without solution on the machines without additional graphics card, and this case can occurs often. So this would be nice if you correct the problem (by updating the driver?); i assume that this is driver issue as i read elsewhere that by removing Intel driver, and so using microsoft generic driver, solves the problem (but i did not tried this), but i imagine that lot of optimisations are lost, so it's not a satisfying solution.

best regards

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Ptpas059,

Thank you so much for the response and for letting us know that we can still do further assistance for you.

Let me discuss our case with the management so we can figure out what other information we need to gather from you in order to determine the issue and provide you with a solution since you have already returned the reported system to your customer.

Have a fantastic day, and thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Ptpas059,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

Following our comprehensive investigation, we have determined that the issue you're encountering with the media function should be managed by the Nvidia T1000 graphics card. To gain further insight into the problem, we kindly request that you perform the following tests:

1. Temporarily disable the dedicated GPU (dGPU) through the Device Manager or by physically removing it from your system, if possible. Then, try to replicate the issue. If the problem persists with only the integrated GPU (iGPU) in use, this may indicate a concern with Intel's components, which would require additional investigation. If the issue does not occur under these conditions, please proceed to the next step.

2. Observe the Task Manager while the issue is occurring to determine which GPU is active. If the Nvidia T1000 is not being used, this could suggest a problem with the hybrid graphics system, and we advise reaching out to Lenovo for support. Conversely, if the Nvidia T1000 is being used, then the appropriate course of action would be to seek assistance from Nvidia.

Your cooperation is essential in helping us resolve this matter, and we thank you in advance for your efforts.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ptpas059
Beginner

Hello Carmona,

As explained above, I will not able to help you more as the PC was returned to the customer. Perhaps during a next visite on site...

best regards

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello Ptpas059,

Thank you for the update. Can we ask when is your next visit to the customer?

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Ptpas059, 

We are checking in with you, as we have not heard any response from you. 

Thank you, and have a great day! 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Ptpas059, 

Again, we are checking in with you, as we have not heard any response from you. 

Thank you, and have a great day! 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Ptpas059, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this enquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you, and have a great day ahead. 

Best regards, 

Carmona A.

0 Kudos