Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

UHD630 Offscreen rendering

CForg1
Novice

Hello,

We used to render offscreen a 3D scene in WPF (render in a window not located in the screen) then copying it to a bitmap.

Everything works fine on i7 6700 (HD Graphics 530), i7 7700 (HD Graphics 630) but not on i7 8700 (UHD Graphics 630).

Has anything changed about offscreen rendering ?

Is there an option to enable/disable to make it works like before ?

Thanks in advance for your response.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CForg1
Novice

After deeper researchs, it appears that the guilty is the 1809 update for Win10 that changed PrintWindow and not the chipset.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello CForg1 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. • What is the brand and model of your system? • What steps are you taken in order to replicate the issue? • What application are you using to compete the rendering? • Please provide me with more details about the issue/behavior that you are having. • Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility • Steps to save the report: 1- Run the utility. 2- Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system. 3- Once the scan is complete click on “next”. 4- Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop. 5- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
CForg1
Novice

Hello Leo,

I can reproduce the issue on 3 differents computer of the same model : Dell Optiplex 7060 (i7 8700)

Before upgrading to Dell OptiPlex 7060, we had :

• Dell OptiPlex 7050 (i7 7700)
  • Dell Precision 3620 (i7 6700)
  • Dell OptiPlex 9020 (i7 4770)
  • Dell OptiPlex 9010 (i7 3770)
  • Dell OptiPlex 980 (i5 660)

All of those systems worked, but not the 3 new computers 7060.

We are a software editor and we use WPF to render 3D models.

We have a window with WPF controls and copied with PrintWindow (User32.dll).

If the window is partially located out of screen, the bitmap result is up to date only for the in-screen region of the WPF window. If the window is totally out of screen , the obtained bitmap is empty (or the last correct render if the window was on the screen before)

This is explained by the attached images (next message since I can attach only one file per post).

You will find attached the log of SSU executed on a 7060 computer.

0 Kudos
CForg1
Novice

Explanation attached

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello CForg1 Please provide me with the detail step to replicate the behavior, and the download links of the software used in the behavior. Have you notify the application developer of the behavior? Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
CForg1
Novice

After deeper researchs, it appears that the guilty is the 1809 update for Win10 that changed PrintWindow and not the chipset.

Regards

0 Kudos