Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21005 Discussions

UTX component Device is experiencing errors.

JIG2023
Beginner

My laptop used to be able to run GPU intensive games like Red Dead 2 and could also run blender. Now I can't run any game. I downloaded the intel extreme tuning utility but it won't even run because it keeps giving me an error that says there are no drivers present. 

I also dropped my laptop twice and opened it up to see if there was any damage but couldn't find any. 

Is there anyway to fix it?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
What is happening with your blower(s) while you have this laptop running? Do you hear them running fast (loudly)?
When you dropped the laptop, you could have caused the Thermal Interface Material (TIM, the paste between processor and heatsink) to be dislodged. This can result in a retarded ability for heat to be dissipated from the processor. This results in the processor throttling performance - which could cause time-intensive software to fail.
...S
0 Kudos
JIG2023
Beginner

I just tried this out and the blowers aren't blowing hard. 

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

That's encouraging, but, just to be sure, let's start by running the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool.

Then, to get more information, please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows (or, if your are using Linux, the Intel System Support Utility for Linux). When you start the tool, select Everything, and then click on Scan. Once it completes the scan process, click on Next and then Save. Pick a name for the text file to create and click on Save to create it. You can then close the app. Finally, in a response post, use the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog (below the edit box for the body of your question) to upload and attach this text file to the post.

…S

0 Kudos
JIG2023
Beginner

Here is the file from the system support utility.  Also the processor diagnostic tool got a pass on the tests. 

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @JIG2023

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.

We sincerely regret you are experiencing issues with your laptop, we will be more than happy to assist you.

According to the report, we noticed that the BIOS is not up to date. You can download the file from here: F.46 (for further assistance regarding the installation, please contact the system manufacturer).

Also, please download this driver version: 31.0.101.2125

Then, use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). Finally, please install the driver previously downloaded.

Regarding the Intel® XTU error, please keep in mind that not all the processors are compatible with the tool. In this case, your Intel® Core™ i5-10300H Processor is not supported. You can verify the information here: How Do I Know if My Intel® Processor Is Supported by Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU)?

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello JIG2023

We hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to update the BIOS and the graphics driver? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Jose B.   

0 Kudos
JIG2023
Beginner

apologies, I was out of town due to the holidays and didn't have access to this account. I will be following the instructions you gave me soon. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JIG2023,  

I was checking your thread and noticed that I have not heard back from you. I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos