Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Unable to get Intel Driver Support Assistant to work on Windows 10

S8teo
Beginner

I am having some difficulty trying to use Intel Driver Support Assistant to download and install new drivers. Whenever I right-click on the Intel DSA icon in my toolbar to check for new drivers, I get the error message "Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan."

It used to work couple of months ago but I can no longer download new drivers. I've already tried uninstalling and using the Uninstaller tool and re-installing it again.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You provided no information about your PC.

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
S8teo
Beginner
0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello S8teo,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

Keep in mind that when Intel® DSA cannot detect your device, it's due to the following reasons:

• You have an older component.
  • Your component is discontinued or isn't supported.
  • You have a component not produced by Intel.
  • You have a customized driver pre-installed by the computer manufacturer.
  • The component isn't in Intel's database.

Please follow the below recommendations:

1. Try testing all the different validated browsers: Chrome, Firefox, or Edge*

We understand that you already try those steps but it is to have new LOGs in case the issue persists.

2. Uninstall the existing Intel®️ Driver & Support Assistant (Intel®️ DSA) from Apps and Features:

• Click Start.
  • Open Control Panel.
  • Select Programs.
  • Select Programs and Features.
  • From the list that displays, click Intel®️ Driver & Support Assistant.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • A new window opens that offers to uninstall the program.

3. Remove any remaining files from the Intel®️ DSA in the system using the Uninstaller tool. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30193/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant-Uninstaller?v=t

4. Download and reinstall the latest Intel®️ DSA version 21.1.5.2  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28425/Intel-Driver-Support-Assistant, run the installer as administrator (right-click on the icon and choose Run as Administrator).

5. In case the problem appears again, please provide the Intel®️ Driver & Support Assistant logs? In order to get them, please follow these instructions: 

• Press Windows key + E (File explorer Windows will be opened with this key combination). 
  • Click on "This PC." 
  • Look for: Disk C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA, and zip the Log files or the entire folder.
  • Note: In case you do not see the "ProgramData" folder click on the upper tab "View" and check the box "Hidden items".

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
S8teo
Beginner

No, that is not the right model. It's a HP Notebook 15 ay110na.

0 Kudos
S8teo
Beginner

Okay, for some reason it seems to have worked when I tried Google Chrome.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello S8teo,

I'm glad to hear that! In this case, can we proceed to close this thread?

If the issue is not solved yet, please provide the requested logs by email, I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
S8teo
Beginner

Yeah, sure. You can close this thread.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Thank you S8teo!

If you need further assistance do not hesitate to contact us back!

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos