Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Unable to get the latest graphics driver installed

theRadioMic
Beginner

I am trying to get the drivers updated on an Asus Q302LA 2n1 and am having absolutely no joy.

The Q302 specs are

• Win8.1 64-bit
  • Intel i5-4210U
  • Intel HD Graphics ( 4th gen 4400 based on research )

The first issue was getting the driver and support assistant installed which threw a 0x80070490 error code.

After doing the research to figure out which Intel HD Graphics card was onboard, I downloaded win64_15.36.5180 according to the Support for Intel® HD Graphics 4400 page which threw the The driver being installed is not validated for this computer... check with the manufacturer message.

The issue there is that drive is v10.18.10.3496.01, several major / minor versions behind.
Worth noting, because I couldn't get the Intel driver and support assistant installed, I used Driver Booster which was able to install v10.18.14.4385, still several major / minor versions behind.
Any suggestions on how to get the video driver brought current to make the Q302 more functionally usable is and would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello theRadioMic,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html  

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.  

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos