Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Unable to install latest Beta DCH driver

VirtalPeguin
Novice

I have a 1065G7 Windows 10 20H2 latest update and I was on driver version 27.20.100.8935 when I downloaded the exe installer for 27.20.100.9077 and tried to install it. When I opened it to install like I do with any other DCH driver installer, it didn't bring the setup window. Instead, it was just sitting in the background. In Task Manager it showed no drive or CPU usage from Installer.exe. I went to the directory of Installer.exe which was extracted from the exe I downloaded from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30070/Intel-Graphics-BETA-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

and I found that it had extracted files, but it wasn't doing anything. I tried opening Installer.exe from that directory as said in the readme file but still, nothing happened. The 9030 driver installer worked fine. 

11 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

VirtalPeguin, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In reference to this scenario, first, we just wanted to confirm, is there any graphics problem with your platform?

The reason why we ask this question is because actually the BETA driver was released and is available most likely for testing purposes, it is a driver that is commonly used for tests so it might present problems at the moment to install it or when it is actually installed, it includes some fixes to some issues but it might have performance inconsistencies.

You mentioned, "The 9030 driver installer worked fine", and that is great, that is currently the latest Graphics driver available for the Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics controller, as you can see in the link below, and that is the version we recommend to install and to keep using on your system:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/197532/Intel-Iris-Plus-Graphics

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
VirtalPeguin
Novice

I've installed Beta DCH drivers before to check out new optimisations/fixes, but this one didn't work. There are no issues that I know of with my current installation of my display driver.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

VirtalPeguin, Thank you very much for providing that information.

First, we are really glad to hear "There are no issues that I know of with my current installation of my display driver."., that is excellent.

Since you are interested in installing the Intel® Beta DCH driver, we will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello VirtalPeguin, I just received an update on this matter.

For us to be able to further assist you, please present the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs"

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Also, please share the Intel® Graphics report so we can see the graphics configuration in your system:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

And finally, please provide a screenshot of the error message that you received when trying to install the BETA driver.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
VirtalPeguin
Novice

Hi @Alberto_Sykes 

I did not receive an error message, or any message or window at all when I tried to open the installer. 

I have attached my SSU file.

Thanks

0 Kudos
VirtalPeguin
Novice

Here is the IGCC report

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi VirtalPeguin, Thank you very much for sharing those details and for providing the reports.

We will continue with our research on this topic, once I get more information I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello VirtalPeguin, I just received an update on this matter.

We were able to reproduce the issue with the Intel® Beta driver, we tried to install it in our Intel® Lab and the results are the same, we were unable to install it:

-Fresh installation of Windows* with all updates in Intel® NUC10i7FNK and Intel® NUC7i5DNK

-No problem with installing the stable driver version in both Intel® NUCs

-Same issue as the customer when installing the Beta version in both Intel® NUCs.

-Running the DHC package as administrator and the installer worked 

-On the second time (running as administrator too) the installation went through with no issues on both machines.

Please try to install the Intel® Beta driver as administrator and once you get the chance let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello VirtalPeguin, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
VirtalPeguin
Novice

Hi Alberto,

I only update my display driver if there is a fix or performance improvement for apps/games I use. Thanks for checking out the issue. I'll stay on version 9030 for now.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

VirtalPeguin, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those results.

Perfect, excellent, that is actually what we recommend, to keep using the latest stable Intel® Graphics driver to avoid possible problems with the games/apps when using the BETA driver version.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos