Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20639 Discussions

Unable to set bit depth to 10 bit in Intel Graphics Command Center

Benjamin_Eckert

Asrock DeskMini B760 Bios 6.01 - Intel B760 chipset with Intel Core™ i3-13100 Processor using integrated graphics - connected to Samsung U32E850R via HDMI.

According to this:

Unable to enable 10bpc on Monitor while using Intel ARC graphics, unless HDR is enabled · Issue #179 · IGCIT/Intel-GPU-Community-Issue-Tracker-IGCIT · GitHub

"I had a discussion with the internal Team and here is update:
The Intel Graphics Command Center currently only supports changing the color depth for native HDMI outputs.
The Intel® Arc™ Limited edition cards use a Protocol Converter (PCON) to drive its HDMI from Display Port, thus this HDMI is not native.
In consecuense, changing the color depth in currently not supported the Intel Graphics Command Center when using an Intel® Arc™ Limited Edition card.
For Intel® Arc™ cards from other manufacturers and systems using mobile SKUs of Intel® Arc™, please refer to the manufacturer's documentation to verify if their HDMI are native or not."

Also this:

How to Change the Color Depth in the Intel Graphics Command Center...

"The Intel Graphics Command Center supports changing the color depth for native HDMI outputs."

According to this:

LS PCON HDMI chip installed in laptop? - Intel Community

"We would like to inform you that Gen12+ graphics support HDMI 2.0 natively thus no LSPCON should be needed. The only exception is when the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) implements HDMI 2.1 output which indeed will require LSPCON to drive DP1.4 to HDMI 2.1.

To verify if the system is using LSPCON we have several methods:

The simplest one is to connect an HDMI display via HDMI cable to the HDMI output and then run a Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers from the Intel Graphics Command Center (Intel GCC) app. If the Output (Connector Type) is listed as HDMI then there is no LSPCON; however, if it says DisplayPort then it has LSPCON installed.
From Linux, you could use the command "enum drm_lspcon_mode". More information is available here*. Please note that we do not offer how-to assistance on Linux so if in case you would need further assistance with this, our recommendation is to check with the Linux community."

According to the IGCC report (attached) the HDMI connection is native, Linux reports 

Error: Unidentified token: enum drm_lspcon_mode 

The display is capable of 10 bit and works in 10 bit on a NVIDA 3070. I have tried various resolutions and refresh rates, the only option is 8 bit.

How can I set it to 10 bit?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Benjamin_Eckert

Well it works, if set to YCBCR_420.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Benjamin_Eckert

Well it works, if set to YCBCR_420.

0 Kudos