Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20638 Discussions

Can not install Graphics driver for i5 with UHD 650

skibum
Beginner

Hello,

I have a Windows 10 Pro OS that has been modified for audio use only and the computer is being used just as a music server.   Many processes/services are not running and this is the cause of my problems.

At the moment the computer only supports OpenGL1.1 and that needs to be improved.  So, I have been trying to update the Graphics Driver.

The CPU is a i5-8400T with a HD 650 internal graphics which should support more than OpenGL 1.1.

I have tried to install Intel 7th-10th Gen Processor Graphics  - Windows driver Version 31.0.101.2125 and the installation software is unable to finish the installation and fails.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have attached a copy of the extremely long log.

Thank you,

Scott

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

skibum, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We will be more than glad to assist you with this matter. 

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this scenario, please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
skibum
Beginner

Thank you very much Albert for you support.

Just to be clear, at the moment the computer does not have any Intel Graphics Driver installed.  It is just using the "Microsoft Basic Display Adpator".  At the moment my OpenGL is 1.1.

The reason I am needing to install an Intel Graphics Driver is so I can get  OpenGL3.0.  This is required for software that I need.

I do not need or want better graphics, but I do need OpenGL3.0 or higher. 

So if there is any simpler way to achive this, that is what I would like to do.

I have attached an SSU Report.

Thank you,

Scott 

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

skibum, You are very welcome. Thank you very much for clarifying that information and providing the SSU report.

The graphics controller for the Intel® Core™ i5-8400T processor is actually Intel® UHD Graphics 630, instead of 650:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/129940/intel-core-i5-8400t-processor-9m-cache-up-to-3-30-ghz.html

Based on that and as you can confirm in the link below, the version for Open GL that you will be able to install is 4.6, which should work with no problems with your application. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005524/graphics.html

In order to install it, it is required to update the graphics driver to the latest version. We always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the board, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

Based on the SSU report, please try to install the driver provided by Supermicro:

https://www.supermicro.com/support/resources/results.cfm

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
skibum
Beginner

Hello Albert,

Yes, I have tried that and it always fails...  Please see attached screen shot.

Thank you,

Scott

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello skibum, Thank you very much for sharing the results.

We are sorry to hear the issue remains after trying the suggestion provided previously.

We will now do further research on this matter to try to find a possible solution for this scenario. As soon as I get any updates, I will post al the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
skibum
Beginner

Thank you Albert,

Yes, I have spent many hours trying to install an Intel Graphic Driver - but it always fails.....

I am sure that there is some Service or Process that is disabled that is required by the Intel Graphic Driver installation program.

The objective of all this is to get OpenGL3.0.

I do not require improved graphics and I do not need an Intel Graphic Driver.  I just need OpenGL3.0 or better.

If there is any other method to get OpenGL3.0 (or better) other than installing the Intel Graphic Driver I would be interested in knowing.

Thank you,

Scott  

0 Kudos
skibum
Beginner

Hi Albert,

I looked through the log of the attached Graphic install log and I see a few failures/errors over and over again. 

Is there anyone on your team that may undertand what Windows 10 processes/services could cause these failures/errors? 

Errors I see over and over again in the Installation log are:

Something went wrong while reacting on installation status in EventLog.

Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot open log for source 'Installer'. You may not have write access.

---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (1722): The RPC server is unavailable.

Other Errors that I see in installation log:

FW update service tool does not exist in "C:\Users\CAD\AppData\Local\Temp\7zS4B8C21C9\Graphics"\

Something went wrong while reacting on installation status in EventLog.

Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot open log for source 'Installer'. You may not have write access.

---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (1722): The RPC server is unavailable.

/12 13:10:31.740|ERROR|Unknown operation error. Unknown problem with installation of the INF file operation. Reason: Sequence contains no elements.

2023/12/12 13:10:31.740|ERROR|Aborting operation. (last operation fatal failed) ||

2023/12/12 13:10:31.761|ERROR|Installation of the fresh graphics driver has failed. ||

2023/12/12 13:10:31.777|INFO|The driver installation failed. Skipping initialization of FW Update service notification mechanism. ||

2023/12/12 13:10:31.777|INFO|The driver installation failed. Skipping FW Update service start. ||

2023/12/12 13:10:31.777|ERROR|Something went wrong while reacting on installation status in EventLog.

2023/12/12 13:10:31.777|ERROR|Something went wrong while reacting on installation status in EventLog.

2023/12/12 13:30:46.674|ERROR|Unknown operation error. Unknown problem with installation of the INF file operation. Reason: Sequence contains no elements. ||

2023/12/12 13:30:46.674|ERROR|Aborting operation. (last operation fatal failed) ||

2023/12/12 13:30:46.697|ERROR|Installation of the fresh graphics driver has failed. ||

2023/12/12 13:30:46.711|INFO|The driver installation failed. Skipping initialization of FW Update service notification mechanism. ||

2023/12/12 13:30:46.711|INFO|The driver installation failed. Skipping FW Update service start. ||

2023/12/12 13:30:46.711|INFO|No additonal components found. Skipping components installation. |

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello skibum, I just received an update on this matter.

Please follow the instructions shown in the link below in order to install the latest graphics driver, which is the only way to update OpenGL to version 4.6:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000059389/graphics.html

Once you get the chance, please let us know the results.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
skibum
Beginner

Hi Albert,

Method 1 - using Local Group Policy Editor did not change anything.  I got the same exact failure I always get.

Method 2 - Windows Update also failed...

I did try using Device Manager and updating the Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor Driver that I have been using.

I tried to update to an Intel Graphic Driver that I downloaded from my Motherboard manufaturer.

This failed also....  But, it is a differnet failure.  I got an Access is denied

Please see attached screen shot.

Is this due to my security permissions not being correct?  

Do you have any other ideas?

Thank you,

Scott

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi skibum, Thank you very much for sharing those results and the picture.

We will continue with our research on this matter and provide a response as soon as possible.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello skibum, I just received an update on this matter.

Upon checking the errors, we can confirm that this is, actually, not a driver issue. There is something else causing this problem and it looks like it is related to the Operating System.

Based on that, what we recommend to do next, will be to get in contact directly with Supermiccro Support for more assistance installing the drivers:

https://www.supermicro.com/en/support

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
skibum
Beginner

Hello Albert,

Yes, from my first post I mentioned that that Windows 10 OS that I am using has certain processes/services not necessary for audio playback turned off. 

The reason I contacted Intel was in the hope that you would understand what Windows 10 processes/services are necessary to install your Graphic Driver. 

The manufacturer of the motherboard I use, Supermicro will not be of any help whatsoever in this.

Thank you,

Scott

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello skibum, Thank you very much for your response.

In that case, the next thing to do will be to get in contact directly with Microsoft Support, since they provide all the technical assistance related to Windows* issues:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos