Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Unable to support 10bit Display @ Intel Iris Xe Driver

shiyics
Beginner

When Iris Driver can support 10bit Display?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello shiyics, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Intel® graphics do support 10-bit and 12-bit color depths (known as deep color). However, with our current driver implementation, the color depth will be set as per the OS configuration. Normally under Windows Display settings Windows HD Color section you should be able to enable HDR and WCC (wide color gamut) which would configure the OS for higher color depths. Please note that if the content you are trying to view is 10-bit once you switch to Full-Screen mode the driver will switch to said color depth as well (mostly on DirectX applications). More information about our current implementation can be found here.  

So we can better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers, follow this link

3. Please provide the following information about your connection: 

• Brand and model of the monitor.  
  • Cable type and revision. E.g. HDMI 1.4. 
  • Are you using any type of adapter/converter? Please explain. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
felixjacob
Beginner

Hej Sebastian,

unfortunately I faced a similar problem. With my Eizo CS2740/Win11/Iris Xe@i511320 10 bit dont want to work and nowhere is an option to activate it (more details see in attached files).

The monitor is connected with USB-C: PC --> Thunderbolt 4 Dock --> Monitor.

I also tried direct USB-C connection and Displayport cable with same result.

Thank you in advance!

KR Felix

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello shiyics,  

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello shiyics,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos