Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Uninstalling Graphics Control Panel

NLauz
Beginner

Hello everyone,

A while back I installed the Intel Graphics Command Center from the Windows Store on my Lenovo Yoga C930 laptop. Recently upon opening it it recommends that I uninstall the old Intel Graphics Control Panel. How do I do this? I know uninstalling the graphics driver removes the panel, but that seems silly as I obviously want the latest grpahics driver... Does the Command Center simply come with the latest driver as well?

Thank you,

Noah

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @NLauz​ ,

1. The Intel Graphics Command Center (IGCC) was included in Intel DCH Graphics Driver and installed with this driver. In the latest version of this driver (Version: 26.20.100.7463), the Intel Graphics Command Center was not included in the driver package, although according to the Release Notes, attached to driver download page https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29195/eng/ReleaseNotes_100.7463.pdf, it should be included.
  2. I have NUC7i7DNHE, with Intel UHD Graphics 620, similar to your laptop. On this NUC, after updating graphics driver to version 26.20.100.7463, the Intel Graphics Command Center wasn't installed any more. So, I've downloaded it and installed from the Microsoft Store.
  3. I've downloaded from Microsoft Store and installed also the Intel Graphics Control Panel (IGCP).
  4. I'm using both applications: IGCP and IGCC. Both can work side by side. There are not redundant, since not all functions existing in IGCP are available in IGCC.
  5. So, while running IGCC, disregard the advice and check "Do not show again".

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Start, settings, apps, apps & features, select the Intel GCP, uninstall.

Doc

0 Kudos
NLauz
Beginner

Hello Doc,

Thank you for such a quick reply but I don't seem to have that as a standalone application, which is why I was confused in the first place.

Noah

Screenshot (14).png

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

What is your processor model number?

What version of windows 10? 1903? 1909?

What is the version of your graphics driver?

Do you have dual graphics?

Are you using the drivers provided by Lenovo?

Doc

0 Kudos
NLauz
Beginner

Hi Doc,

My processor is a i7-8550U.

I am running Windows 10 version 1909.

My graphics driver is version 26.20.100.7463.

No, I only have integrated graphics.

And yes I use the Intel Driver Support Assistant which detects my machine's model and provides the appropriate drivers.

Thank you,

Noah

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Well, because this is a lenovo laptop, you should be using the graphics (and other) drivers provided by them.

Download, run, and attach (using the paperclip) the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then, an Intel support engineer can assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
NLauz
Beginner

Doc,

I thought the drivers I use are tied to my machine specifically and therefore should be identical to what's on Lenovo's site, but I've attached the text file of results.

Thank you so much for all the help,

Noah

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

No, they are not identical. And, lenovo may be whitelisting/blacklisting drivers.

Doc

0 Kudos
NLauz
Beginner

Doc,

Good to know! Thank you so much.

I used Lenovo's own utility to see if a different driver was available, but didn't get anything. So I guess I'll wait and see if an Intel support engineer can help.

Thank you again,

Noah

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @NLauz​ ,

1. The Intel Graphics Command Center (IGCC) was included in Intel DCH Graphics Driver and installed with this driver. In the latest version of this driver (Version: 26.20.100.7463), the Intel Graphics Command Center was not included in the driver package, although according to the Release Notes, attached to driver download page https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29195/eng/ReleaseNotes_100.7463.pdf, it should be included.
  2. I have NUC7i7DNHE, with Intel UHD Graphics 620, similar to your laptop. On this NUC, after updating graphics driver to version 26.20.100.7463, the Intel Graphics Command Center wasn't installed any more. So, I've downloaded it and installed from the Microsoft Store.
  3. I've downloaded from Microsoft Store and installed also the Intel Graphics Control Panel (IGCP).
  4. I'm using both applications: IGCP and IGCC. Both can work side by side. There are not redundant, since not all functions existing in IGCP are available in IGCC.
  5. So, while running IGCC, disregard the advice and check "Do not show again".

Leon

0 Kudos
NLauz
Beginner

Hi Leon,

That's interesting because my driver seems to include the desktop HD Graphics Control Panel, as I had to install the Command Center from the Windows Store myself (and it's never been uninstalled). I know they run together just fine so I guess I'll take your advise and hide it like I did before. I was just curious if I could uninstall the HD Panel like it was recommending.

Thank you,

Noah

0 Kudos