Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20708 Discussions

Unplayable : Persona 4 Golden on Intel Iris Xe graphics

sbnes
Novice

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (6).png

  

Persona 4 Golden(Steam ver.) shows abrupt glitches : screen flickering, glitchy text and some graphical ui elements. The game is unplayable, though the sound works perfectly fine.

I have contacted Sega customer support in regards to this issue as well.

1 Solution
Gabriela_Intel

Hey everyone! 30.0.100.9805 is now available in the Download Center.

Note: We just released the driver but the release date is showing up incorrectly in the Download Center. We're looking into this now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
108 Replies
Mannix
Novice

While waiting for Intel driver update

I found that i5 1135G7 with iris Xe is not so awful 

It can even emulate Persona 5 with 20 to 30 fps!

0 Kudos
Dalla00
Novice

Hello everyone,

that's good to hear @Mannix ! I'm sure P4G could run well too. Anyway, just wanted to thank @n_scott_pearson for the help, and also to check if there are any news on the matter. I hope Intel has not forgotten.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Amnora
Novice

we were not saying that it can't run heavy games well (I am able to play Overwatch on it well). The problem is that only Persona 4 Golden from Steam has this problem for no apparent reason

0 Kudos
Bryce_Intel

Hello all,
This is currently under investigation and our internal tracking # is 16012943803.
It's been through the replication team and debug just concluded for now. It's progressed to the Development queue waiting for a developer to be assigned, which can take some time (possibly weeks to months depending on place in queue).
I'm doing my best to prioritize this. As more progress is made we'll do our best to keep you up to date but don't be shy to ask for updates if we're silent for a bit.

.:Bryce:.

dz3728
Beginner

Thanks that the issue is under investigation now!
I didn't have anything new to add, but I am of course still following the issue + discussion.

Honestly, I almost decided to switch to AMD or back to an oder Intel CPU laptop but of course that would have been a bit stupid since - apart from the Persona 4 Golden issue and the Firefox glitch (still present in the current version) I mentioned before - everything else is just fine and I'm really happy with the performance of the CPU and IGPU.

One more thing I tried: Win10+Persona 4 Golden via Virtualbox and VMWare. Let's just say this is possible and has slightly less graphics clitches but it's not perfect. Also this still has to rely on the underlying Win10 GPU driver, so of course it can't fix the issue.

So for the moment, it seems there's not much more to do but to wait for a new build of the driver that - hopefully - has a fix for the issue. I'll keep watching this thread...

0 Kudos
Dalla00
Novice

Hi guys, has anyone tried version .9466 of IrisXe's driver? Is the game now playable, by any chance?

0 Kudos
dz3728
Beginner

Unfortunately not, the same graphics glitches that make the game unplayable are still there. 😞

I guess we'll have to wait until next month or whenever someone at Intel finds time to look into the issue properly.

0 Kudos
cam4564
Beginner

Hi Bryce,

It's been over a month now. Any further info on this issue? Last update didn't fix the problem....got a lot of people who'd really like to play some video games. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm mainly commenting here so that I get notified of any and all updates, but I'm experiencing similar problems. The exact graphics card that is troubling me is either 

or

, as I do not know exactly which it is. Maybe it's a bug specific to the type of graphics card and I urge that when action is taken, that is where you first look, as it may explain why Sebastian's team was unable to find any problems.

Though, of course, I am not a developer, so really I don't know anything.

0 Kudos
Joukeiri
Beginner

Hello there! I have exactly same problem with the Intel Iris Xe graphics for Persona 4 Golden. I just wonder will this problem be solved soon?

I have had refund request of the game and may be I'll purchase it later when there's official announce from intel

I'm going to follow this topic for further information and hope for the good one =.=

0 Kudos
cyclulk
Beginner

Hello!

Same here! Got a new laptop hp Spectre with this GPU and the game is unplayable.. It's really bad... I already have to roll back the driver to be able to use Unity without a glitch and now that...The only 2 things that I tried using 3D are not working properly... 

0 Kudos
dz3728
Beginner

New driver update yesterday (new version of 27.20.100.9466), problems still unchanged. I honestly had high hopes but nope...the waiting continues. Though I seriously considered switching to another Laptop (either back to 8. - 10 Gen or something completely different). Don't get me wrong, everything else runs just fine but being the huge Persona fan that I am...I want this game running flawlessly and since this was possible on previous Intel IGPUs (I mean it's even running on a 2015 Macbook Pro i5-5257U Broadwell CPU via Bootcamp - and this is really ancient hardware by now), so I don't quite understand what the problem might be. Some more feedback from Intel would be nice.

0 Kudos
xSoup
New Contributor I

I second this. It's been literally ages since this issue was first reported, and a good amount of time since we last heard an update. 

0 Kudos
Bryce_Intel

Well folks, looks like developers root caused and devised a fix. The code change is under review to ensure it doesn't break anything else. If & once determined it's good, we'll move forward with checking it into the main driver code. Still looking about a month or a little more out, but it's positive news for sure! I'll circle back with updates when I get them.

Bryce_Intel

And the fix is breaking something else, which is fairly normal for the process, so Devs are strategizing other options and paths. Not sure how long this will take, I'll keep updates coming as I receive them.

Fortune515
Novice

Bug fixes creating other bugs is normal. You're communicating the progress, though, and I think that's all this community was looking for. Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Dalla00
Novice

Thanks for the updates, Bryce. It's nice to see that some progress has been made. We'll be waiting, keep us informed!

0 Kudos
Bryce_Intel

Looks like the Dev found a path forward and it's going through validation checks again. I should know more in a few days.

0 Kudos
Mannix
Novice
0 Kudos
rivv33
Novice
Thank you for your hard work.
0 Kudos
sbnes
Novice

Thank you for your hard work. Hope the fix works!!

0 Kudos