Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Update Intel Graphic-Windows 10 DCH-Driver (26.20.100.7755) refused to install.

HHilf
Beginner

Reason: "not validated for this computer".

i7-9700K CPU with UHD Graphics 630.

The driver was selected by the "Intel® Treiber- und Support-Assistent" and intended to update from version 25.20.100.6471.

Can someone help?

0 Kudos
20 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I would download the ZIP version of the driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29335?product=186604

Then, extract it to a folder.

Then, in the device mangler (also known as device manager), for the display adapter, select update driver, browse my computer, let me pick, have disk, and select the proper folder with the INF file.

And, you have to to do the same for your audio, depending.

Now, that is what I would do, without any knowledge of your systems or its requirements.

Doc

0 Kudos
EOZCI
Beginner

I'm having the same problem as HHilf 

My laptop is DELL XPS 15 9570 with UHD Graphics 630 (26.20.100.7262)

Intel is offering me to update my driver but always getting the same warning says "not validated for this computer".

I'm having really serious problems with AutoCAD drawing software. Fatal Error & Shut downs the program.

I've tried the Al.Hill way but its not working either.

Please find a way to solve this problem, i need to continue work asap.

Thank you

e.

0 Kudos
Gh0stb1t
New Contributor I

Your driver (based on version # x.7262) is most likely a custom driver installed by Dell or Windows update, it is not on the list of intel Generic drivers. This behavior is expected as you cannot override a custom driver with a generic driver.

You need to update using the drivers from Dell website, not Intel, specially since you have a laptop, contact Dell Support, use their software assistance to install updates and ask them for newer customized drivers.

0 Kudos
EOZCI
Beginner

thanks for the explanations

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

My method works, as I just did it yesterday on a Dell.

ANd, you should contact dell for support of THEIR laptop. It is not an Intel issue that dell is preventing the install of the latest driver.

And, you should know that dell has customized the driver(s) specifically for support of THEIR hardware.

Doc

0 Kudos
EOZCI
Beginner

It's your Laptop i have no idea about it but if it is DELL XPS 15 9570 and if you have AutoCAD and if its working properly than you are right, but if not please stop acting like the "lawyer of Intel."

I contact with Dell too (maybe you should ask first?) waiting for an answer but i'm looking for a solution and trying everything for that reason.

fyi, using Capital letters means you are shouting, pay attention to that next time

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Intel did not make the laptop. Dell is the designer, integrator, and manufacturer.. You paid them for support. Make them respond, or do not purchase dell again.

Not shoutinng, just placing emphasis where due.

Now, tell me EXACTLY what steps you did in my procedure, and what messages you got.

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Also, does this dell laptop have dual graphics?

Doc

0 Kudos
User1581231753814659

Maybe your integrated graphics was disabled by your motherboard.

Try to enable your integrated graphics in BIOS, that's how I solve this issue.

Same CPU and Same problem LoL😂

0 Kudos
HHilf
Beginner

My response to all the friendly recommendations:

The Intel Graphics Adapter is the only graphic component in this computer. The update via Intel update manager or the "Device Manager" (using the .zip file) did not work either.

A year ago I had the same problem when Intel switched to the DCH driver. At that time I've got a complicated procedure from Intel (WannerG_Intel) which required to remove and install the driver twice and also being disconnected from the Internet at the same time.

As I'm helping a friend of mine remotely to install this driver I'm seeking for a solution not requiring going onsite.....

So help still desired.

0 Kudos
Gh0stb1t
New Contributor I

Driver 25.20.100.6471. is not on the list of Intel Generic drivers, so we don't know if it is DCH, if it is custom driver from your system manufacturer or Windows update... Unless you can confirm this with your system/motherboard manufacturer, I think your only option is to try again WannerG_Intel's steps.

0 Kudos
HHilf
Beginner

This is a helpful remark. I overlooked that the update I made from xxx.6471 to xxx.6519 March 2019 obviously was set back somehow to xxx.6471 which indeed is not DCH.

Maybe my friends system was backuped and restored with the old driver version. Either my friend did this manually or a microsoft system update to 1909 restored the old driver? I'll go onsite and redo the full procedure to DCH driver versions. Nb. its a self assembled system. So no manufacturer involved other than the components. Means MSI board drivers also maybe involved.

Will report back in some days whats the case.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello HHilf, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello HHilf, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, just reply back or post a new question.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
HHilf
Beginner

To whom it concerns:

The correct driver 26.20.100.7755 is now installed. I used the procedure provided by Intel already last year. However, the problem seems to be recursive:

Last year I switched to the DCH Graphics driver provided by Intel. This included the remove the old driver manually. The system then worked fine.

If you later initiate a driver update using -> device manager -> Graphics Card and -> searching the net for actual driver you will be set back to the old component (in my case it was 24.20.100.6345)

When the Intel DCH Graphics driver is installed you MUST NEVER use the microsoft driver update or any other service programs updating your component drivers.

I think this needs to be fixed by Intel/Microsoft

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello HHilf, Thank you very much for letting us know those details.

Just to let you know, the manufacturer of the computer/board has their own customized drivers, the customizations done by them contain certain functionalities that the Intel® Generic driver does not have, they can enable/disable features and settings on the computer with those particular drivers, the Intel® Generic drivers might or might not work with some specific platforms. Those drivers are reported by Dell as the proper ones for the laptop, so when you run a tool or software to update the drivers it is expected for the tool to report a different driver version from 26.20.100.7755 as the correct version of the driver validated by Dell.

In the following link you will find further details about DCH drivers:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031275/graphics-drivers.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031275/graphics-drivers.html

So, the best thing to do in this case this will be to get in contact with Dell directly to report this scenario and to confirm which is the latest graphics driver version validated by them for your computer, they might have newer and different driver versions that the ones showing on the Intel® site.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
HHilf
Beginner

Hi Albert,

sorry to say, but this is a little off where I started. This is a PC made from individual components. There is no other manufacturer involved into this other than those of the individual components.

So if I understand you correctly it means I should only install drivers provided by the board manufacturer (in this case MSI)? If I do so I also should not run the Intel Graphic Assistant as it misleads and identifies the driver 26.20.100.7755 as the appropriate version for this board-processor combination.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi HHilf, Thank you very much for clarifying that information.

Yes, that is absolutely correct, the proper drivers for your system were customized by MSI, so those are the ones that you need to install in your platform:

https://us.msi.com/support

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
HHilf
Beginner

Hi Albert,

I appreciate the support you provided. Thanks, very helpful.

PS: would be helpful if the Intel driver assistent comes to the same conclusion as the driver install: Not valid for this computer.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hi HHilf, You are very welcome, thank you very much for your response.

For Intel® it is very important the feedback and suggestions provided by all of our customers, that is why we will send your comments about the Intel® Driver and Support Assistant application to the proper department for them to be aware of your recommendations or future products.

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos