Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20995 Discussions

Update issue.

AlwaysIntegrating

Alright, so I'm trying to update my Intel i7-10700 CPU. However, whenever I access the Intel website, download the Intel driver and support assistant application, and run it, I always get this error message.

Does anybody know how to fix this? I don't think I have a disk for it, nor do I know how to access it, any tips would be helpful, thanks.

VC_redist.x86_7FX4XC01N0.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What version of Windows are you running? The minimum support should have been installed automatically with the Windows installation - unless you are using something like Windows 7, which is NOT supported on 10th gen systems. How that box appears also makes me think Windows 7.

Regardless, before running the IDSA application installer, you need to ensure that you have already updated the Chipset and Management Engine support. Download the Chipset Device Software (a.k.a. INF Update) and Intel Management Engine installer packages from your laptop manufacturer's support page for this laptop.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello AlwaysIntegrating,

Thank you for posting on the Intel®️ communities. I am sorry to hear that you are having diver update issue with your Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA), I will be happy to help you.  

To have a better understanding of the situation, please answer the following questions: 

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello AlwaysIntegrating,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.   

Best regards,  

Andres P.  

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello AlwaysIntegrating,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Andres P.  

0 Kudos