Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
21076 Discussions

Updated or supported HDMI test driver for AVR users who lose sync

TRich6
Beginner

I have the seemingly common problem of HDMI sync issues when connected through an external audio-video receiver to a TV. Some people are able to resolve the issue by taping off pin 19, but that did not work for w/o the Intel HDMI test driver. With the test driver and pin 19 disabled, Windows 8.1 MCE no longer shrinks down to 1/2 resolution or loses audio.

My current setup is an i5 Braswell Intel NUC with 6000 graphics, but I had the same issue on a previous 4000 series integrated GPU. This also happened with 2 different Yamaha AVRs connected to a Panasonic plasma and with or w/o HDMI-thru option enabled

I verified that latest official (non-test) drivers and betas do not include whatever code is in the test driver as they all resize/lose audio if pin 19 is enabled and have no output if 19 is covered. I even used teamviewer to login separately and attempt to set the display size w/o help

What is the ETA for merging the 2 driver versions so that drivers downloaded via Windows update or from Intel will also work? Otherwise, we are all stuck with a nearly year old driver

Thanks...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24955 Download Test Driver - HDMI Display Detection

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, ViperBoy:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

Let me further investigate into this, right now there is no ETA but I will be informing you with a possible resolution on this.

Regards,

Esteban C

0 Kudos
TRich6
Beginner

Any updates on this? MSFT's "auto" updates keep blowing this driver off my machine and so I need to use teamviewer to login and revert through device manager. Since this is a family media PC, that has been getting very tiresome

0 Kudos