Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

VCA-2 Video acceleration

KMedi
Beginner

We are looking for video trans-code acceleration trough VCA-2.

Is it possible to get VCA-2 card for evaluation. ??

Can some one help me to get in touch with team who can help me with VCA-2 integration ??

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello, Thank you so much for contacting Intel Enterprise Support. I do apologize for the inconvenience; however, we do not provide any Intel® Visual Compute Accelerator 2 (Intel® VCA 2) card for evaluation. Could you please so kind and provide us more information about the implementation that you are trying to accomplish using this card? Best regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
KMedi
Beginner

Hi Emeth

Thank you ver ymuch for your quick response.

I am part of Motorola solutions (Kodiak networks, India) Media team, We are looking for VCA-2 for video for transcoding.

Live RTP video stream is transcoded to multiple resolution and HLS live/VOD streaming.

Existing deployment MSI is using Xeon E3 and E5 processors.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello Kodiak, Thank you so much for your patient on thread. I would like to let you know that we are still investigating this information in order to provide you the most accurate information on this. Best regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello Kodiak, Thank you so much for the time that you have been waiting for our response. I would like to share with you the following in order in order to have a better understanding of this; Please check the following link: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-accessories/VCA2_HW_User_Guide.pdf. The link is the Product Specification and Hardware Guide, It includes hardware integration guidelines as well as validation documentation. Also, I would like to provide you some details about the BIOS and Hardware requirements of the host system: Host System Required BIOS Features: The host system BIOS must be configured to enable large memory-mapped input/output (MMIO), and allow for large per-device base address register (BAR) allocations. BAR must have 64-bit address enabled. The minimum requirements for BAR and MMIO are: - MMIO mapping above 4 GB is enabled - Minimum MMIO size is 4 GB/CPU (node) For example, on Intel® Server Board S2600WT based systems, this can be enabled in BIOS setup by configuring the following two options on the PCI Configuration screen. - Set Memory Mapped Above 4 GB to Enabled - Set Memory Mapped IO size to 256 GB Host System Minimum Memory Requirements: The host system must have sufficient free RAM (after accounting for operating system, running services, and applications) to load the bootable image for each node to be simultaneously booted. (For example, if a 2 GB bootable image would be booted simultaneously on four cards (12 nodes), there must be at least 24 GB (2GB x 12 nodes) of free RAM when the boot command is issued.) On the other hand, please let me know the implementation that you are trying to accomplish with the VCA2; also let me know the revenue or total units you would consider buying during a one year term. I will be waiting this information in order to proceed with the next step. Best regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello Kodiak, Unfortunately we are still very constrained with cards. They are expensive to make and we are still backlogged. If you want to buy a card for evaluation, we can make that happen, but we just can’t give away cards for free right now when we have actual demand for them. If you want to come back in a month we can check again, but at this time we can’t support this request. Best regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello Kodiak, By any chance, do you have any other question in order to assist you with? If so, please do not hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you. Best regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello, Due to the fact that I have not seen any activity on this thread recently. I am going to proceed and close it. if you have any other question please do not hesitate and contact us back and we will be more than happy to assist you. Best regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos