Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20601 Discussions

Valorant Driver Compatibility Issues - UHD 620

JensA
Novice

Ever since upgrading the UHD 620 (i5 8250) drivers on my laptop, I've been having game-breaking stuttering whenever a 3d entity loads (which is almost constantly) in Valorant.

More details in the "Graphics bug report" form attached. 

Labels (1)
128 Replies
Seckond
Novice

Works for any version below 8476 it depends on your computer manufacturer since not all computer manufacturers support 8476

0 Kudos
i5_1035G1_Sat24

Hello, Yes the suggested fix, which is too change the HDD to SSD, is certainly working fine.

I replaced my HDD to SSD and installed new drivers from Intel DSA page automatically and the new driver which is .9466 is working fine and no stutters or fps drops is noticeable at all. Also the FPS has improved by 5-6 frames. So, yes upgrading to SSD is definetly a hardware-wise solution. 

0 Kudos
DZ9
Beginner
Hello @RonaldM_Intel

Yes, as @i5_1035G1_Sat24 said, the fps drops/lag experienced in unrated or deathmatch, namely, other game modes is greater than that experienced in practice mode.
The issue still persists for all the drivers above .8476 including the latest driver for windows 11.
0 Kudos
henriquesmarques
Beginner
Upgrading to an ssd really solves everything. I upgraded and am using the most up-to-date driver.
0 Kudos
Kenshin
Beginner

This is not true as I am on Intel NUC11 PAHi3 using latest drivers have switched between Windows 10 and Windows 11 and the frame drops that makes the game unplayable. Have used HDD and SSD with no improvement. I have no clue on how to revert to an old driver as it doesn't give me an option to select for Intel NUC i3 11th gen. I bought this setup thinking it is fast enough to run Valorant. Please provide a link I can use to download as I'm getting error messages when using other drivers saying it doesn't have the requirements to install the driver. I have done a clean uninstall using DDU from guru3d. Will I be able to bypass the error by updating the driver from device manager using the zip files? If not please provide a link I can use to install an old version of the driver for interl NUCs

0 Kudos
Seckond
Novice

This is a gpu problem not a CPU one, this post specifically discusses about intel uhd 620 and im not entirely sure if other drivers have the same problem.  The 2 fixes we found is

1. Revert your driver version to 8476 or older depending on your computer's manufacturer (some computer manufacturers doesnt support version 8476 so you have to download a version older than 8476 in your computer manufacturer's support website.)

2. Download valorant on your SDD and not your HDD

0 Kudos
Kenshin
Beginner
That's the problem the issue is not isolated to this version of the intel GPU, the other problem was that for intel NUCs it doesnt allow you to select previous releases but only latest ones. And on my post it clearly states I have tried it on both SSD and HDD, Winodws 10 and Windows 11 with all latest updates installed.
0 Kudos
Fedesala
Beginner

Does someone have the link to download the driver a version previous than 8476? because i forgot where to go to download a driver in a previous version

0 Kudos
Seckond
Novice

tell me you computer manufacturer

0 Kudos
Seckond
Novice

0 Kudos
Linxx
Beginner
I rolled back the driver version to the previous version... Looks like that will fix the problem with valorant maybe?
0 Kudos
Abdul456
Beginner

I am also having the same problem

0 Kudos
Seckond
Novice

Downgrade your graphics driver version to 8476 or below depending on your computer manufacturer

0 Kudos
Cookiekaikai
Beginner

I bought a renewed HP Pavilion TP01-1123w off Amazon for my daughter which comes with 8GB Ram/SSD/Intel UHD 630(I5-10400), so it isn't a hdd/ssd issue.  I had to downgrade the driver back to 8476 because my daughter only plays Valorant.  What changed after 8476? figuring this out shouldn't take more than 1.5 years.  I believe both Intel and Valorant are responsible for this and should work together to figure this out.

0 Kudos
ShivamYT
Novice

I am also facing the problem of extreme stutter 

my specs are

ram 8gb ddr4

graphics card intel uhd620

processer intel i5 8250u

and hdd 

help me if some one know the solution

pls........

and the pron=blem started after a year i don't know why i was good before sep 2021

0 Kudos
Seckond
Novice

Downgrade your driver version to 8476 or below depending on your computer manufacturer

Harryincorrect
New Contributor I

Update your driver to 30.0.100.9805 if you are using win 11. If on win 10, then install driver version 8476.

0 Kudos
hk1271
Beginner

Finally this issue has been RESOLVED. I don't know whether it was from Valorant's side or Intel's, but its been taken care of. I got to know of this because of the recent update of Valorant which made the game literally unplayable (20-30 fps) even in .8476 version. So I decided to Update to the Latest Version of the Intel Graphics DCH Driver (30.0.101.1340) and tried to play the game. It ran with like constant 60 fps the whole match. No 0 fps Stuttering while shooting or Running.

So the solution is now to just :

• Upgrade to the latest version of Intel Graphics Driver

Happy Gaming !

arnavm
Novice

nope i am still getting same issue on lastest iris drivers

0 Kudos
Kenshin
Beginner

Hi Everyone,

This seems to work with Nov version of the driver 30.0.101.1191   Removed old driver via device manager make sure to check driver package as well to remove it from the system. Update to the above version. Hide old driver update from windows update using the show/hide update cab file to prevent windows update from overwriting it. Done. Lag free on Valorant using 2021 driver.

Good luck

Regards,

Kenshin the BOTOsai slasher

0 Kudos
Cahian
Beginner

It really works again, thanks!

0 Kudos