Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Valorant won’t run on intel gpu

Rog195
Beginner
Hi everyone
Regardless of windows graphics settings and nvidia control panel I cannot launch Valorant with my intel gpu. It either crashes on startup or just uses the nvidia gpu. The only way it works is by disabling the nvidia gpu through device manager.
Any ideas?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Rog195, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

What is the model of the Intel® processor?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

Is this a new computer?

Were you able to run the game Valorant with the Intel® GPU before on this same machine?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Rog195
Beginner

Hi,

It's an Acer Nitro 5 AN517-51-56YW Intel i5-9300H GTX 1650(disabled), RTX 3060 Ti eGPU(M.2)

It's something I have never tried it before I've just noticed it.

0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

Games are supposed to run using the most powerfull GPU found on the system... this could be an issue due to interference between the two Nvidia GPUs and switchable graphics...

Why do you want to run the game with Intel Graphics? your Intel GPU is the weakest of all the GPUs on your system?

If you unplugged the eGPU, can you run the game with the GTX 1650? (I guess the GTX 1650 is the built-in discrete GPU...)...

Your Intel graphics is also very old... and it seems acer does't offer a newer one... try the latest available from Intel:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Megan

0 Kudos
Rog195
Beginner

Hi,

Ok so I've updated my drivers and retested the game. It does go inside but as soon as it does it frame freezes. I can still hear the game running but the frame is still. I can still hear the game running and when I hover the mouse over where the options are supposed to be I can hear them being selected. Let me know if you understand my issue if not I'll send you a video. 

Thank you all.

0 Kudos
megan3000
Valued Contributor I

It seems that the game picture/video/gameplay is frozen but the "background functionality" is still active? Is this what you are trying to explain? Is this due to FPS issues? If it is, there are plenty of reports in this forums about this issue, none have a solution... (Intel couldn't reproduce the error)

0 Kudos