Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20657 Discussions

Vertical Lines and flickering after sleep HD 520

JTHOM24
Novice

I am using a Lenovo Ideapad 510S running Windows 10 Home(1709 build) having Intel HD graphics 520 (driver ver: 22.20.16.4815)

After waking the laptop from sleep the entire screen shows vertical lines on white background and flickers. The cursor is shown by a large square like block.

I have to press and hold the power button and restart the laptop to resume working.

My graphics drivers are up to date.

Please help me resolve my problem

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Looks like the same issue as described at

Try newer or older drivers from this list: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/88355/Intel-HD-Graphics-520 Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 520

Especially v4821 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27227/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?product=88355 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.45]

0 Kudos
JTHOM24
Novice

I think my problem is gone. I updated my bios to a new version.

NPinc
Beginner

I'm having the same issue with my Acer. I'm unable to roll-back to a previous driver version and there isn't a recent BIOS update (at least, not more recent than 3 months ago, which is before I bought the computer) from Acer's website for my model. Since I haven't been able to find a good solution, for now, I've changed all my power settings to hibernate instead of sleep, so I don't have to deal with hard-restarting the computer each time it tries to awaken from sleep.

I understand that they are aware of this problem for HD Graphics 630, but I don't know if they know it's affecting 520, as well.

0 Kudos
CRgt
Beginner

A friend with a Aspire S5 had the same issue (weird pixel pattern glitch when waking up to sleep). I couldn't update her bios since i didn't have the charger, but I updated the intel drivers with the latest from here and it seems to have fixed the issue for now.

0 Kudos
JTHOM24
Novice

If you can't roll back the driver from device manager download any previous version graphics driver from Intel website.

Turn off the internet connection.

Uninstall your current Intel graphics driver.

Then, install the driver which you downloaded.

0 Kudos
FPrag
Beginner

Being a bit of an old fart I don't exactly know where to find the current driver to delete. I have donwloaded the previously available driver from the Dell site as the drivers are manufacturer based. Can you direct me to the proper directory so I can try your suggestion. Thx - FLP

0 Kudos
JTHOM24
Novice

Right click on START and select device manager.

Inside device manager, expand Display adapters.

Right click on Intel Graphics and select uninstall device( make sure your internet connection is off otherwise it'll auto download the driver).

Now install your previous version driver.

0 Kudos
FPrag
Beginner

My problem is that I have an i7 chip and all the updates seem to be for 6th generation chips. This is the problem I had with the Dell update. I can't find the code name for my processor ( Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50G) and everything on Intel refers to Apollo Lake processors. I can check for a BIOS update on Dell but so far just hibernate instead of sleep.

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

@FPizzle

...I can't find the code name for my processor ( Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50G)...

Skylake, check out https://ark.intel.com/products/88194/Intel-Core-i7-6500U-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_10-GHz Intel® Core™ i7-6500U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.10 GHz) Product Specifications

0 Kudos
FFaki
Beginner

Solved the issue by updating the bios.

Lenovo ideapad 510s-14ISK - Windows 10 64bit - Intel graphics 520 (driver ver: 22.20.16.4815 drivers installed automatically by windows)

0 Kudos