Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Video/audio problems in videos on my PC

GGore
Beginner

I am having problems watching videos, have interference with Skype now. interference with music playback from media player and in general anything with audio/video effects. It stutters, buzzes, stops/restarts playback and interferes with anything involving audio or video. Have already spent time on chat with Intel tech and was able to get new driver downloaded. That lasted the rest of the evening. The next day it was the same old problem. Do I need a new graphics card or maybe that wasn't the problem to begin with...

0 Kudos
14 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Tell us about your PC.

What operating system?

What is the processor model number?

What is the PC model number?

Have you tried the manufacturer's support website?

Doc

GGore
Beginner

Re: Video/audio in videos on my PC.

Answers to your questions

1: Windows 10, 64 bit

2: N3050 processor

3: Acer Aspire xc704g

4: Yes I did and they told me to go to the manufacturer of the graphics card.

That all being said I already sat with the tech, Esteban, for about an hour and a half to try to 'fix' the problem. It, the PC, playd videos fine that night but the next day it was back doing what it was before

I have the case number if anyone needs it. I looked for the chat option again but could not find it. Guess I wore it out..

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Since you already have a case opened with Intel, your best support would be to continue with that.

Doc

0 Kudos
GGore
Beginner

The live chat appears to be closed for the weekend. Maybe what I need is a new graphics card. What do you think? Wonder how much they cost...

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

If your PC/Desktop has an available PCIe x16 slot, that would certainly be an option. Just make sure the card is compatible.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello brodysgrand2,

I understand that audio and video stutter in your computer.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer. Please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Has it worked fine before? Was there any software or hardware change before the issue started happening?

What is the average amount of RAM the computer usually use?

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Fred D.
GGore
Beginner

Fred D. Thank you for emailing me. I have replied to the previous email from Intel to download the SSU and it downloaded but then I couldn't get anything else to happen except the website looping back to the support registration page, 3 times. I am getting a little frustrated by this. To answer your other questions:

1: It worked fine previously until a couple of months ago, approximately.

2: Not aware of any software or hardware changes, the thing updates itself, unfortunately, I have no control over that.

3: RAM, my daughter tried to explain that to me but I have not been able to figure out what it means. What does RAM stand for, Ready Access Memory? Or what? Apologies, I have a learning disability.

No attachments included.

Thank you,

Mrs. Gene Gore

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello brodysgrand2,

Thanks for the additional information you sent to me.

I would like you to try uninstalling the graphics driver and then reinstalling it. Please download the graphics driver that is on this link https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26228/eng/win64_154028.4501.zip https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26228/eng/win64_154028.4501.zip

As soon as the graphics driver has been downloaded on the keyboard press WinLogo key + r, then type in devmgmt.msc, double click on Display Adapters -> Intel HD Graphics -> Driver tab -> Uninstall -> Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device -> OK, restart the computer, and then reinstall the graphics driver with the steps that are on this YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1KzoQDjMMY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1KzoQDjMMY

The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services offered there.

Let me know if issue persists or not.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
GGore
Beginner

Fred D., I have been trying to email back but ended up with "Mailer Daemon" both times. Anyway, I went to uninstall the driver and discovered it was the exactly the same one that 'Esteban' , the tech guy, helped me download earlier this month. I uninstalled it anyway and reinstalled it after the restart of the PC. Well, everything worked fine the rest of the day but the next day it went back to doing the same old thing it was doing before. Hope you have other options.

Pensively waiting,

Mrs. Gene Gore

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello brodysgrand2,

Would you please fill out the form that is in the following link and post it on this thread? /thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

Please also include the DxDiag and Intel Graphics Driver Report.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello brodysgrand2,

I was checking this issue and I also noticed we need more information about this matter. Please fill out the following /thread/77761 form and include the DxDiag and Intel Graphics Driver Report.

Thank you for your time.

Allan J.
0 Kudos
GGore
Beginner

I have attempted to send the information you requested and received a "Mailer Daemon" in return. I could not find a writable form so I listed everything in order.

Case # 7002947451

Description: Video/audio stutters, falters, buzzez, stops and starts videos at those times. Media Player has same problems. It is affecting my Skype usage as well. Any website with video/audio presentations, i.e.facebook, Utube, etc.

Hardware: Acer Aspire XC 704 G. Has EFP, also Acer. 4.00 GB RAM.

VBIOS Version: see screen shot 3.

Intel HD. Graphics.

Hardware stepping: See screenshot 1, Hardware IDs.

Intel Display Audio: See screen shot 2, Hardware IDs.

Software: OS is Windows 10.

Graphics Driver version 20.19.15.4352.

SW or Apps to replicate the issue...don't know.

Single display.

Display resolution: 1600 x 1200.

Refresh rate: 60 p Hz.

Power cable plugged in.

I don't know what steps to tell you, the problem just happens when I watch any video especially with sound or listen to music or talk to my daughter on on Skype. As I am not sure how to present this information to the community I apologize if it is not correctly done. I have a learning disability I've had all my life and it takes me forever to get anything done. I couldn't send the DxDiag image to you because the message said it was forbidden. Also the results of the SSU scan had the same message. How may I send this to you?

Thank you for your help, this old granny is still learning things by accident...

Mrts. Gene Gore

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello brodysgrand2,

Thank you for taking the time and send the reports. I will update this thread as soon as I get news about this matter.

Allan J.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello brodysgrand2,

I just sent to you a private message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos